regulation tactical reflex pouches

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

They were apparently created by a former USMC veteran

They look promising, but I'd rather see more than one pouch for two mags as at £30 - £35 per pouch it's a bit pricey. If you have six mags it'll cost at least £90 for the three pouches.

• Supporters

I would echo the comments of a couple of the guys on that link, to me it sounds like it would be useful in the heat of an ACTUAL firefight when you need to save crucial seconds changing mags but for us? I don't quite see the point.

• Supporters

I wonder if they will actually be as quick as they video demonstrates to be honest as you would invariably end up juggling an empty and a full mag, except in the case of having a pouch with only one mag in it. I could be mistaken but that is how it works out in my head :)

The other thing is if you are wearing lower face protection you can't actually see your pouches which could make this a bit fiddly, especially if you factor in the loss of dexterity from wearing gloves.

• Supporters

I wonder if they will actually be as quick as they video demonstrates to be honest as you would invariably end up juggling an empty and a full mag, except in the case of having a pouch with only one mag in it. I could be mistaken but that is how it works out in my head :)

The other thing is if you are wearing lower face protection you can't actually your pouches which could make this a bit fiddly, especially if you factor in the loss of dexterity from wearing gloves.

In practice the empty would go in your dump pouch.

Not sure about the lower protection stopping you seeing your pouches though (I assume "see" is the word missing from your second line), never had a problem myself. The offset height of the mags (front sits higher) would counteract the loss of dexterity though.

• Supporters

I'm not sure I see the point to be honest, they're quite expensive and I've never had trouble with removing mags from pouches- I think you be better off looking at the new lighter stuff like blue force gears' helium whisper range or hsgi's tacos that are much more modular and adaptable.

These regulation tactical things look cool but I don't think they offer enough to be chosen over other brand stuff.

• Supporters

In practice the empty would go in your dump pouch.

Not sure about the lower protection stopping you seeing your pouches though (I assume "see" is the word missing from your second line), never had a problem myself. The offset height of the mags (front sits higher) would counteract the loss of dexterity though.

That just seems silly to me though - have pouches that are meant to negate the need for a dump pouch but technically don't. Like you said earlier, perhaps if you were in real combat they might be useful.

Yes I was missing the word see, I have edited my post so it makes more sense :P. I can't really see any of my torso with a lower face mask on, I possibly could see the pouches on a DPM chest rig but I've stopped using that anyway.

• Supporters

I think the crux of the matter is that we use a lot of kit designed for a specific purpose. Things like the pouches mentioned are designed by soldiers for soldiers and their requirements are different than those for airsoft (like your visibility issue for example). Whether or not these pouches would work better for rapid access than say a RAMP mag holder will very much depend on if they're holding a plastic mag full of BBs or a steel mag full of FMJ 5.56mm rounds!

we i do understand the concept of a dump pouch but i do like them as they rattle too much between contacts. These seem simple enough to use and i like the fact although fast mag changes may be a bit extreme i thought airsoft was about realism so would love these if only they fit kriss mags lol

• Supporters

I think the replies seen are pretty much representative of the user base of the forum, ask the same thing on UKAZ or a PTW forum you'll get a different set of responses entirely. People just have highly varying priorities when it comes to their loadouts and which of the many different aspects of airsoft they really enjoy. You can go all the way from pure cosplay and photography/collection all the way to skirmishing maybe 5-6 times a month with nothing but mags in the pockets of civvie clothes; and everything inbetween of course.

IMO, the Reg tac design is excellent, constantly pushing the next mag in to that raised position makes fast extraction massively easier. As soon as I swapped my loadouts from taking magazines from a double/triple pouch on my rig/PC over to a single pouch on the hip my reload times went down dramatically with nothing more than some MOLLE rearrangement and a little extra practice. All the fastest IPSC/IDPA shooters I've ever seen footage of run that way, same deal with the instructors and most students in the AR training courses I took in the states and pretty much everyone you'll see in instructional DVDs and videos online. The correlation is clear, when they run dry they go for a mag on the hip that's stored in a single pouch with clearance all round to make it as easy to grab as possible. I've tried many setups over the years myself and it's certainly the quickest option for me, various videos using RS and airsoft on my youtube. The Reflex is definitely one of the best options for facilitating that particular method of feeding your weapon.

Now some people will obviously feel that airsoft isn't life and death so it doesn't matter which is quite true and fine, there's no real need to reload fast in airsoft but then there's no need for anything more than eye pro and a handful of BBs anyway. For the people who do want to reload fast and be able to go for the exact same place on their gear pretty much every time when grabbing for a mag, the Reflex is the best pouch there is I'd say. I actually wanted to buy the Mk1 a long time ago just shortly after they were made available, but Reg Tac didn't ship outside the states at the time and due to a communication error with my folks over there (who are tactimuggles) I ended up with the wrong piece of gear entirely.

There's an awful lot to discuss in a topic like this so I'll stop now before I write 2 pages worth, but honestly I'm surprised no other company's copied the design yet (though I expect to see it happen in future most probably).

• Supporters

Well when I say copied I was thinking of the other companies that make stuff for real world use but aren't such big names so don't have the funds to develop entirely new stuff. For example there's quite a few copies of the TACO design out there made by US and EU companies to a very high standard.

Edit - Ordered a Mk2 Reflex in MC from Dave's Custom Airsoft, been meaning to get one for ages anyway and this thread gave me the spur I needed. Was going to opt for CB but if I stick with MC gear I'll be able to use it for work as well as 'softing.

Guest PT247

I have two, they were needed as I can't fit 2 G5 mags in the normal twin pouches and these are adjustable. I like the design and it helps me carry more mags when running the G5. The mechanism is very simple so should be robust

Archived