How accurate are STOCK weapons?

Muppetdaze
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been reading some peoples 'claims'

interesting that a .20 -whatever plastic BB without rifling seems to be more accurate than my 11.6 ft/lbs Theoben Rapid 7 with matched .22 5.51 pellets at 576 fps that I have headshot a pigeon with at a measured 163 feet

just HOW accurate is an airsoft gun>?

please tell me what's the best shot you've seen that wasn't a fluke, IE can duplicate, or at least get close ?

Depends.

Some guns are known to have really got accuracy OOTB( A lot of Tokyo Marui guns,especially the new recoil shock line with their redesigned hop up units and E&L seem to have fantastic accuracy for ACM)

Some are known to have horrible accuracy(Some VFC models,Dboys,LCT rifles,Some Jing Gong rifles)

However being more accurate than a .22 with a .20g BB is horseshit. Most people really over exaggerate their claims(I'm guilty of this too)

Most stock guns shoot an effective range(max range with usable accuracy) of about 35m with a .20g BB,they are very light and get railed by wind. Heavier BBs like .36 or .43 can be used up to 70m effectively,however realistically I see most tuned and modded guns shooting around 55m effectively,however I'm in Ireland with a 1J limit so we don't get mad guns here.

Best gun accuracy I've shot would be a RealSword Dragunov SVD. The BB seemed to keep going for miles in a straight line,it was shooting .36s I believe. However this was only a 'can I've a shot m8?' thing at a site.

Have not done any extensive grouping tests past 30m,best groupings I get are 50x50,40x40 or 30x30 or around that with .30g rounds,depends on the gun like I said.

Google the 'Airsoft Trajectory project' That should give you an idea on how accurate airhard gats are,I'm full of shite anyway XD

Pretty sure you ain't FOS , such an odd load-out implies some real experience somewhere, lol ,. but Ty for the post, I edited to ask if it's able to be duplicated , hehe

• Supporters

having messed with my VSR for years now:

Absolute maximum achieveable distance on a madbull .4, at this range the BB 'stalls' and falls almost straight to the floor is about 80m flat.

It's possible to repeatedly hit a man sized target at that range about 6-7/10 times, but wind will mess that right up.

EDIT:

You said stock weapon.

In that case, it depends wildly on make/model/which small asian child assembled it. TINY differences in barrel, Hop and compression can lead to huge differences in the usability and accuracy of the RIF

There's no real comparison between airsoft and airguns as to accuracy. I've constantly hit a 2 inch target at 50 yards with my Air Arms rifle and could put a 0.177 pellet through the 5p sized hole of a bell target at 30 yards 8 out of 10 shots, but you would be hard pressed to hit a person consistently at the same distance with an airsoft AEG on semi, as BBs have neither the weight, nor stability of a lead pellet. A tuned sniper rifle can probably consistently hit a dinner plate at 50 - 60 yards with a 0.3 and above BBs and will most likely hit a person at greater range. Most OOTB AEGs should be good for a person sized target at 30 to 40 yards with 0.25 BBs. Some will be better, others worse. Even two AEG rifles of the same type off the same production run can differ wildly in their accuracy, as the tiniest change can make a big difference to how airsoft guns perform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

My CYMA CM.028U was pretty spectacular OOTB - a man sized target 10/10 at 45m using Blaster 0.2's, barring fliers and/or wind, but I would cheerfully aim up to walk shots onto targets at 55-60m even in wind and in not many to get a hit either. I haven't kept a gun as stock for long enough to really know since except my CM.048 which has had a spring downgrade only - accuracy isn't worth a song and dance about.

Archived