As im new...

RoverMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do not buy from those web sites!

Read the guides in the new player section. Go to a few games and hire 1st, look at a few guns, see if people will let you hold them to see how they feel.

Don't rush into spending money, theres plenty of time for that. Avoid any web site with bbguns in the name or where the 1st gun you see is bright orange.

• Supporters

You should attend a few games before making any purchases.

Plus, why don't you spend the money on kit? Or use the money from the pistol towards the AEG?

And for those sites: NOPE. STAY WELL AWAY FROM THEM.

Have a look at these sites;

Proairsoftsupplies

Zeroone

Airsoftworld

JDairsoft,

(To name afew)

Wanting plastic or metal is entirely up to you, though plastic constructed guns that are cheap are fairly flimsy. (Excluding the G&G combat machine range.)

Gas or electric, again, is entirely up to you, though gas guns are a lot more fun (and snappier) than your standard AEG. But they're somewhat expensive to run (Buying gas) and they need to be maintained regularly.

When you attend your first game, ask the players about their guns and kit, airsofters are a friendly bunch.

I spent money on clothing, boots etc. I rented for the first few skirmishes then I as lucky. I got two ex-rental guns when a site closed.

I have a thread somewhere on their refurbishment.

When you have played a bit and tried out some guns you will have an idea as to what you want.

Get yourself a good main weapon before you go for a pistol.

Read the site, it is full of advice, reviews and tutorials.

• Supporters

As the guys above me have said, get some games under your belt to get a feel for the guns. I would strongly advise you not to get a two tone gun, even though the temptation is there you will regret it 2-3 months down the line when you could have got a regular gun.

Typically anything under £100 for a rifle is going to be bad, there are most likely some exceptions, but not many. If you have a particular type of gun in mind after playing a couple of games then there are a lot of people on here that can steer you in the right direction. If you see something you like the look of it is worth asking on here what people think of it, because all the shops will make their guns out to be great regardless of whether or not that is true.

Don't use either of those websites. Start by going to a few games or go to a local airsoft shop if there is one nearby so you can try guns and things. An electric rifle is best for a beginner, because gas rifles require lots of looking after and maintenance.

If you are getting a cheaper gun then it will probably be plastic but a polymer body is not bad. It might not look or feel quite as good but it is not really noticeable + keeps weight down too which is good if you are playing airsoft for a whole day.

You don't really need a pistol as a beginner - it's just more expense you could put towards your primary or buying gear which is more useful if you're starting off. A pistol is a backup and with £40 - £100 that you would spend on a pistol you could buy some camo clothing, chest rig / boots etc.

A good beginner gun such as G&G's Combat Machine M4s will probably be a bit above your budget. For example cheapest place to buy one is either Patrol Base or Zero One. It's £117 for the standard M4A1 - a battery and charger will be £20-£30.

I hope it doesn't sound too expensive and off putting but it's one initial investment and then you don't really need to pay any more except for the game days but they are cheaper once you have your own gear compared to renting and then the price is not too bad.

Finally, if f you get your UKARA defence (basically - must be 18, go three games within a year, not all within 2 months, I think it has to be at the same place) then also consider buying a second hand gun on here through the forums. There are always some good deals on here and occasionally some proper bargains that are really worth taking a look at.

Cheers guys.

Ive also joined the forum for my local Airsoft club: "airsoft commandos"

Been waiting for a approval , im wanting to attend there first meeting tommorow but dont know the times or conditions .

Ive got my eyes on a couple M4's at the moment, but would really like to attend a club and see whos who and see how things work. Maybe watch a couple games too.

Archived