USAF Kit Stolen

Del Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

This is being posted around as a genuine notice from the United States Air Force based at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk.

If anyone spots any of the missing items there is a contact number at the bottom of the notice.

May be of peoples interests..

1509014_712502402105387_1888721491_n.jpg

Bloody Americans, the theft is in the UK, they are obviously investigating in the UK, why then is the reward in US$??

My immediate thought is some QM has had a lucrative sideline going for some time and has just been audited and gone 'Well it was all here last time I checked this storeroom!'

$10,000 is roughly £6,000. Selling the body armour and such to uneducated chavs for extremely high prices would get you waaaaaay more cash than pretending you found it and handing it back in.

Yeh I call BS too. The whole post looks like it was knocked up in 5 minutes and all the kit on there are generic items that could have been pulled from any one of a number of websites. The big giveaway is the helmet which they dont use anymore.

Yeh I call BS too. The whole post looks like it was knocked up in 5 minutes and all the kit on there are generic items that could have been pulled from any one of a number of websites. The big giveaway is the helmet which they dont use anymore.

They still use the helmet, although the IBA was phased out for the IOTV

• 2 months later...

IDK. Personally, I would think the military wouldn't post one of these. To me, I would believe they would do an investigation and have some search teams or whatever.

Also, surely they have CCTV etc, and patrolling people. I do CCF, and whenever we go to a base (went to bramley at the weekend) there are checks etc and people patrolling the area. I hardly believe some chavs were able to storm the base, and even if it was at night, I can't imagine chavs having thee equipment, time, and brainpower to be able to A) get into the compound B) find the items C) pack it all into a truck (must be quite a lot of it) and D) not get caught doing A-C. Seems to me like someone inside wanted some extra money.

• Supporters

how much of this stuff wa nicked ???

I will ask at my local - probaly the local arms dealer had something to do with it - Nobby the Nuke-Man

sounds like b0ll0cks though like most of the stuff I type

gonna ring a tip-off line tell them some chubby bastid in Twickenham was offering some FANTASTIC genuine US loadout gear

IDK. Personally, I would think the military wouldn't post one of these. To me, I would believe they would do an investigation and have some search teams or whatever.

Also, surely they have CCTV etc, and patrolling people. I do CCF, and whenever we go to a base (went to bramley at the weekend) there are checks etc and people patrolling the area. I hardly believe some chavs were able to storm the base, and even if it was at night, I can't imagine chavs having thee equipment, time, and brainpower to be able to A) get into the compound B) find the items C) pack it all into a truck (must be quite a lot of it) and D) not get caught doing A-C. Seems to me like someone inside wanted some extra money.

Just to let you know the Americans have posters up reminding them not to rape! RAPE! The most vicious poster I ever saw on a British base was reminding people to wash up after themselves. If I was to hedge a guess I'd say it was more likely an inside job.

After a little investigation about 33 sec on the net , I would say its a fake...the phone contact number is incorrect and the Email address is wrong I maybe wrong but ...there again how knows...

http://www.dodig.mil/map/dcio_maps/AFOSI/AFOSIUK.htm

• Supporters

Not sure if I find that funny or sad...

or horrifying...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.