Best MP5 starter kit?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently started getting into airsoft and have had a few guns. I had a cyma mp5 for £50 back in 2009.

The gun broke down after 200 rounds and I've been having trust issues with CYMA. I've recently posted stating I was looking for an MP5 because its my favourite gun.

Everywhere within my price range under 90 GBP is out of stock for rifles.

I don't mind second hand guns but what does the community think of the best MP5 starter kit? Does anyone know someone who might be able to point me in the right direction when it comes to backyard shooting.

At this point its the classic H and K MP5 design I'm interested in!

if you don't mind going a little over your budget, then have a look at the g&g mp5. g&g are very reliable and great for beginners.

what is wrong with your cyma?

I got it for Christmas and my dad bought the last one, which was the one for general handling to people in the store. First cosmetic damage, then constant jamming and it was just not working well. It could well have been the low grade bbs and other factors but I don't want to reown that gun if you understand.

Could you link me to a place that have them in stock?

Last place I saw that was reasonable was hobbytron but a few quid over budget.

I got it for Christmas and my dad bought the last one, which was the one for general handling to people in the store. First cosmetic damage, then constant jamming and it was just not working well. It could well have been the low grade bbs and other factors but I don't want to reown that gun if you understand.

Could you link me to a place that have them in stock?

Last place I saw that was reasonable was hobbytron but a few quid over budget.

If your Cyma had a collapsible stock and you still have it, get a G&G combat machine. The only downside of the Combat machine is that it only comes with the full stock. It you rewire the G&G to the front handguard, you can fit a collapsible stock but they are hard to find for reasonable money. Otherwise theres JG or Classic army which are cheap TM clones so are reasonable guns. ICS MP5's are good but can be a pain with certain mags.

A £50 cyma will be nowhere near as good as a £100+ cyma. You can't really say you have trust issues with a manufacturer when all you've tried is one of their cheapest unprofessional AEG.

My Cyma MP5 performed very, very well despite being extremely noisy. It performed better than most of the more expensive guns I've witnessed being used. Admittedly it did have a shit ROF (possibly an AOE problem, very easy to resolve with a little gearbox knowledge) but it's range, accuracy and FPS out of the box was mental.

(my model was a CM.041J)

I just got a second hand G&G MP5A4 for 90. It seems like a great gun to get started with.

G&G versions seem to have very good internals which is what you want really to get started with.

ICS MP5's are good but can be a pain with certain mags.

I can attest to this. My MP5 from ICS has trouble feeding the hi caps it came with and CYMA mags but works flawlessly with every other brand of mag I've tried it with. It is a cracking gun though - never had an issue apart from the mags.

Archived