Soft Milsim

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a very interesting meeting today.

As many of you know, Ive been trying to organise a soft milsim for some time now and had a few false starts along the way.

There is now some light at the end of the tunnel and although I cant say too much yet, it looks like we will get a professionally run soft milsim in the summer.

It will be held within a hours drive north of London and the focus will be on an Airsoft SOFSIM style simulation - 8 hour day scenarios where you don't have to sleep rough, buy expensive geardo loadouts and long lists of kit or be in marathon running order, to participate.

The cost will also be easier on the pocket - probably £35 for the day.

More news will follow when possible..

• Supporters

That's a touch too far for me to get to without hearing how it plays first. If it gets a good report after the first event then I'll consider future events though, what sort of rules are you planning on having RE ammo and hit taking etc?

There will be limitations on field ammo and it will need to be carried in mags. Reloading of magazines can only be done at designated ammo dumps.

There will be a medic rule and bandages or morphine jets will be used.

The fine detail hasn't been sorted out yet as the game isn't scheduled until September, but it will also be screwed down by the time the game opens for bookings in May/June.

The plan is to make the game the first one of a series, held every 3-4 months. There will be a theme and this will run on in the successive games. It wont matter if people only play one game or come in half way, but it gives players the opportunity to follow it right through if they so choose.

Things are moving on.

The game will be professionally run and my contribution is the theme and battleplans.

The organiser team are completely committed to delivering two 8 hour long soft-sims over a weekend. There will be camping for those that want to stay over on Saturday night.

The cost will probably be £35 for one day or £60 for both.

The plan is to distribute detailed and advance intel to those booking into the teams and this will be distributed via secret fan groups on Facebook. Each force will have their own group, running up to the game. If people don't use Facebook, it can be sent on email. Although there is more opportunity in FB for getting to know your team mates before the big day through the team fan group, its not essential.Its just an enhancement to the game play.

I will post up more information as it crystallises.

"Moldistan Teeters on the Edge - Trouble is looming in the tiny Republic of Moldistan following the botched attempt to rescue kidnapped politician Artem Novik".

The background for the new 2014 milsim has been released in the form of a fictional news report and is available for download on the Airsoft SOFSIM Facebook group.

• Supporters

I've just liked the Facebook page, if you want I can share it about to try and drum up some more tailored interest?

I'd share it anyway but I don't want the event to be over-subscribed in case you feel overburdened.

• Supporters

Was there another thread before this one that started the sofsim idea off? I'm trying to better explain what it's all about but I'm struggling.

I've shared it on my own page, maybe you could provide some more insight:
https://www.facebook.com/Bullet4MyEnemyYouTube/posts/10152030746717913?stream_ref=5

I think you've described it very well.

Its basically an 8 hour milsim, with the basic milsim rules but without the need for route marches, having to carry everything in a bergen on your back, selection, ranks, saluting or some of the other bull that some providers get involved with.

I don't think its unique and Im sure other people do it/have done it.

Ive also heard the concept described as milsim lite.

The planned 2014 Summer 8-hour Milsim will be offered by Okto Eight Milsims. Although I have a creative input because Im interested in this kind of game, the event will be delivered by Okto Eight. The operators there have lots of experience in delivering milsims and will ensure that those attending, get a professionally managed day. Although a new name, Okto Eight has been launched by experienced people to focus just on this kind of game. I have no financial interest in the game and am just writing some stuff for them.

The bookings etc when the game opens for registration in a few months will all be handled by them.

Good luck with this fella hope you have a good one.

Being in Leeds it's a bit too far for me but it's something i'd be very interested in doing

• Supporters

Twill have to depend on cash with NAE so close, but the Popular Front of Moldea may have a bone to pick with any corporate lackey lick-spittle fascist running dogs poking their noses into the histrionic sovereign nation of... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... zzzzzzzzzzz...

Now that there has been a news report of a Blackhawk helicopter at the scene, which suggests a possible US influence, the balance of power could unravel very fast. I predict that we could well see some engagements between the AK wielding Peoples Front of Moldistan and the Moldistan Defence Force in the near future and there is a chance of some deniable ops from western forces as well.

The way the temperature is rising in country, It may kick off well before September.

I hope you've got your woodland camo - Moldistan is heavily forested !

Im also hoping to see some rebel and eastern bloc loadouts !

Ian, I see youve found the Okto Eight Milsim page on Facebook !

Keep your eyes peeled for developments there..

Archived