Welcome

RED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hold up, people. The man is struggling with a foreign language trying to understand us. It is no use using txt spk, contractions, or incomplete sentences, nor assuming he must know things which we take for granted.

1) You do not have to paint your G36 to import it into this country, because you are an airsofter already. The problem is proving it. At the moment, the only quick way, which UK Customs & Excise will recognise, is a UKARA registration number written on the package, with your phone number (just in case) as part of your address is best, like this:

UKARA# XYZ01234

Mr. A. R. Softer

368 Hit Street

Luton

LU8 2XX

UK

Phone: 447789 555123

2) You do not need personal insurance. You will be covered by the insurance of the airsoft site where you play. The part you quoted refers to site owners or event organisers. (The way the law works and how it applies to players and UKARA is quite difficult to explain simply. Trust me, there are many people who believe they understand English perfectly well who nevertheless do not actually understand UK law as it applies to airsoft. This is not really their fault however, because the law is actually so stupid that people probably cannot quite bring themselves to believe that it really means what it says :lol: )

3) To get UKARA registered, all you need to do is go airsofting 3 times in not less than 2 months, but you must tell the organisers that you want to get a UKARA number.

It will be best if you tell them every time you go. You will have to provide some identification: something that says who you are, like your passport, and something which says where you now live, such as a letter from your electricity supplier. You will have to fill in a form with your details, which the site organisers will stamp to show that you have attended. After your third game, they will send the form to UKARA. Hopefully it will not be longer than 1 week later before you have your UKARA number, however sometimes it can take longer.

Some sites do not bother to stamp the form. They just keep a record of who is there and fill in the form later. You will have to ask how your local site do it. Understand this however, many sites will tell you that you MUST become a member of their site to become a UKARA registered player. This is not true. It may be more trouble for you to argue than it is worth though. If the membership costs £25-35 for a year and gives you cheaper entry (£5 discount for members is usual), then it is probably best to just pay it. If becoming a member is more expensive and/or does not give any benefits to members, come back and I, or someone else, will explain how to get UKARA registered without becoming a site member.

4) You do not need to be UKARA registered to play.

5) You do not need to paint your gun. The law says that it is illegal to sell you an airsoft gun which looks real (Realistic Imitation Firearm / RIF) unless you are an airsofter. It is also illegal to make an RIF unless you are an airsofter, which means you cannot repaint a brightly coloured airsoft gun, unless you are an airsofter :lol: plus it is illegal to import an RIF unless it is for airsofting. However it is not illegal to own an RIF.

Can anyone remember what that Polish lad who used to post on here was called? Alex, you know who I mean, right? I just remember nicknaming him 'Alphabet' because his real name is Alabrudzinski or something similar, but I think his username was from gaming...

• Supporters

Oh yeah... FPS limits. You will need to check your local site/s. Usually it is 350 for AEG's using 0.2g BB's, but some woodland sites allow 368, or 370.

Two Zero is right about how the law says 1 Joule, but UK Customs & Excise are not going to fire your gun to check it :lol: so do not worry about that. You just need to get it downgraded before you play. My advice is that you should put an Element M105 spring in a JG G36C - that will give you about 340FPS.

Edited by Ian_Gere
extra info

@Ian: That's the way to do it, confuse him to death!! :D truth is, whatever the law says, without two tone or UKARA number, it's very likely to be confiscated and destroyed. especially as the person in questions knowledge on our laws and language is a bit cranky. Plus I though you need to skirmish in the UK? In any case, how will he prove that he skirmishes in Poland?

So i dont need to be member ukara to play ?

what about painted gun i have my own gun and gear,if im not member ukara i must painted gun ?

sow what i must do to be member ukara ?

no you dont need to be ukara member to play

you can use your own gear without painting it, all expect the gun. if you rent your will rent a black gun. if you buy/import it has to be painted.
usually you just play at a UKARA registered site (all most all are). some shitty sites will charge you for a membership thou.

But, I think you need to have a UK address, a valid ID and an utility bill thou, lets not forget?

• Supporters

What's confusing? I said that the only quick way UK Customs & Excise will recognise is UKARA...

Even though it nearly choked me to do it!

Hi All

@Ian

@two-zero

first i want to say sorry about my language

Im in UK 7 months so its much better to say somenthing then read i really sorry

thanks for many answers but i dont understand few answers

this

1) You do not have to paint your G36 to import it into this country, because you are an airsofter already. The problem is proving it. At the moment, the only quick way, which UK Customs & Excise will recognise, is a UKARA registration number written on the package, with your phone number (just in case) as part of your address is best, like this:

this

Plus I though you need to skirmish in the UK? In any case, how will he prove that he skirmishes in Poland?

no you dont need to be ukara member to play

you can use your own gear without painting it, all expect the gun. if you rent your will rent a black gun. if you buy/import it has to be painted.
usually you just play at a UKARA registered site (all most all are). some sh*tty sites will charge you for a membership thou.

But, I think you need to have a UK address, a valid ID and an utility bill thou, lets not forget?

how i prove ? i cant prove because we dont have something like ukara you just go to forest take guns friend and fight nothing more but we have shops in Poland who sells airsoft guns so anyone who have this guns in Poland he know is airsoft guns

if i import my gun it has to be painted ok but if I member ukara i can Repainted my gun black paint or when i can do this ?

only this i dont understand so please try to expalin me this

Hold up, people. The man is struggling with a foreign language trying to understand us. It is no use using txt spk, contractions, or incomplete sentences, nor assuming he must know things which we take for granted.

UKARA# XYZ01234

Mr. A. R. Softer

368 Hit Street

Luton

LU8 2XX

UK

Phone: 447789 555123

from where i can get this number package and everything

again i really sorry for many mistakes

• Supporters

No need to worry about your language, mate. Your English is better than my Polish!

Once you have played 3 times and have a UKARA number, you do not have to paint your gun to import it.

If you tell the site organisers where you play that you wish to get UKARA registered, they will do that for you. You will then get an email with your UKARA number - that is the number you put on the package as part of your address.

• Supporters

I've remembered: Namaco is the Polish member I mentioned. I have asked him to look at this thread, so hopefully he will be able to explain it all to you in Polish :)

@two_zero

Im cool you can joke with me at will :D

@ian

I asked wrong :(

If i import gun here to UK i must painted to color or know ?

and when i can repainted gun to black color ?

because two-zero say

if you buy/import it has to be painted.

• Supporters

If you do not have a UKARA number, you must paint it 51% bright green/orange to import. You must not take the paint off or repaint it black until you can prove you are an airsofter. Once you have the gun in the UK, you can prove you are an airsofter just by photos though, without UKARA.

• Supporters

So here's how you can do it:

- Paint your gun's 51% or more to bright color. For example green.

- Move to the UK with your gun

- Bring the gun under 350 fps

- Go and play airsoft at a site that's in the UKARA system - most of them are

- Play 2 more times

- Ask the site for your UKARA number

- Paint your gun to black or whatever color you want. / You can now have your other guns posted to you or you can buy new ones in any color. They still have to be under 350fps, or 500fps for bolt action gun.

- If you don't want to be seen on the field with a bright colored gun, get some camo tape and use it on the gun when you are at the skirmish site. But remove it before you leave.

Hi thanks for many information :)

so i can use some tape or material to cover bright color

500fps ? but limit is 350

so 500 or 350 ?

They still have to be under 350fps, or 500fps for bolt action gun.

- If you don't want to be seen on the field with a bright colored gun, get some camo tape and use it on the gun when you are at the skirmish site. But remove it before you leave.

• Supporters

Do not worry about covering your gun with tape.

You have only two problems:

1) is getting the gun past UK Customs & Excise;

2) is reducing the FPS for UK site limits.

So:

1) get registered with UKARA and put your UKARA number on the package;

2) replace the spring with an Element M105 from here or here.

Can everyone else stop confusing the issue? :lol: Nobody is going to be arrested over whether a gun is two tone or not. The police have said the law is unenforcible and they are not interested in trying to enforce it. So forget it.

i haven't even started on this stuff yet but it sounds like the easy option is to rent a site gun for 3 skirmishes to get the AKURA membership then use any gun you like in any colour. Would that be my best option? This also allows me to see how I get on before putting serious cash into something i may not like after the novelty wears off

• Supporters

i haven't even started on this stuff yet but it sounds like the easy option is to rent a site gun for 3 skirmishes to get the AKURA membership then use any gun you like in any colour. Would that be my best option? This also allows me to see how I get on before putting serious cash into something i may not like after the novelty wears off

Yep. That's the easiest and by far the best way to find out if you enjoy it before sinking a wad of cash!

• Supporters

Gives you chance to meet a few people and have a hold of their guns too - see what fits your body and hand size before you buy.

the guys who invited me to create a team have never done it either but it turns out that i work with a lot of guys who are into airsoft. i had a quick chat with one this morning but he was busy and i didnt want to get in his way for long. hopefully i can tag along and have a look at the weapons. the only weapon i have fired is an SA80 and my guess is that it wont compare to these. hopefully these things are more reliable :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.