Sling to vest attachment

Adam3088
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, passing the time waiting for my UKARA to come through by trying to sort out which sling to get.

My cheapo dutch assault vest has a clip on each shoulder, is there a sling type which attaches to these? Or do they have another purpose?

Only ones I've seen that will attach to a vest just go through a loop of fabric.

643010525_o.jpg

You'll be able to buy the plastic clips and a couple of tri-glides or something for pennies to convert a sling yourself!

Purely random selection from eBay to give you an idea:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-SIDE-RELEASE-BUCKLE-DELRIN-CLIPS-SLIDERS-FOR-WEBBING-20MM-25MM-40MM-50MM-/301111717470

• Supporters

Hi all, passing the time waiting for my UKARA to come through by trying to sort out which sling to get.

My cheapo dutch assault vest has a clip on each shoulder, is there a sling type which attaches to these? Or do they have another purpose?

Only ones I've seen that will attach to a vest just go through a loop of fabric.

643010525_o.jpg

If your rig isn't snugly fitted, hanging a gun off it will pull it out of position. There's plenty of Molle based single points available that use a T shaped end piece that threads through a MOLLE loop on the back of your shoulder which spread the load a bit better. Personally I'd say use a standard style of single point sling for more range of movement until you decide exactly how you want it to be.

Awesome, thanks guys. Might go for a regular one point and then convert it to the right connectors depending on how I find it.

You'll be able to buy the plastic clips and a couple of tri-glides or something for pennies to convert a sling yourself!

Purely random selection from eBay to give you an idea:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-SIDE-RELEASE-BUCKLE-DELRIN-CLIPS-SLIDERS-FOR-WEBBING-20MM-25MM-40MM-50MM-/301111717470

So that's what they're called, it's funny how you can use these things for years and yet have no idea what their name is.

Archived