Thoughts on G&P

Joshb1612
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

being as I'm not long away from being UKARA regiested, I've started to look at what guns are around so I know roughly how much I'm going to need. After much searching I found this: http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/rifles/electric-aeg/m4-mrp-combat-l-aeg-gnp I'm thinking eitehr that or a G&P Scar. What I really want to know is are the stock interalls relayable? because I was thinking of having a mosfet fitted. My mate said if I'm going to be paying that sort of money for a gun and change a few things, then he said it might be worth building a gun from scratch!

Josh

With G&P you're mostly paying for external quality- however i've heard that they can perform at a decent standard out of the box, and in some cases only need a new hop rubber (decent ones can be bought for under £10)

• Supporters

You don't need a new hop rubber, but you will benefit from one- they perform just fine ootb and have externals that very few brands can match. A g&g will out-shoot it out of the box but it's cheaper to get the performance out of the G&P than it is to get the G&G feeling nice.

Either are a good choice, get whichever you prefer the look of really.

• Supporters

G&G would be better for a beginner. G&P when you're confident with internals and ready to hand over more cash.

That's a good way of putting it.

If you intend on leaving it stock, go G&G, for upgrading go G&P

Ive got the G&G SCAR. Fitted with a few cosmetic externals, its a really nice gun.

photo.JPG

My SCAR with the PMAG . Have also put a 4x32mm ACOG with killflash on plus a Noveske Flash Hider, stubby foregrip and UTG rail covers.

You can also set the gas regulator on this model - doesn't do anything obviously.

I had 2 G&P M4s and they both had the hop rubber changed and were fantastic out of the box.

Never had a G&G but the basic ones the externals are plastic and i personally would never have a plastic gun, The top techs are metal but then your looking at G&P money and i would go G&P.

I've been looking at G&G and I found this http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/tr_15_raider_l_top_tech.html gen 3 with mosfet already fitted, which is handy. Baz I do really like your scar but I would want one in tan. Would getting a G&P and putting a G&G gear box in make much difference, or would it not work? I apologise for my absolute lack of knowledge. I was think of learn one I get a new gun, and using my two tone SRC to practise on, because I know I need to be able to take it apart to maintenace it, once I figure out exactly what I have to do for that as well.

• Supporters

Im not sure the G&G SCAR is blowback. Nothing external moves anyway, unlike my G&G HK416.

Was yours second hand? I think they should come with it, yours was probably disabled, it's a known weak point as the Scars and other older models weren't pneumatic so if it was stopped or caught on something it'd break.

Edit: ignore i was wrong.

Archived