TMC Strike Mesh mask V2 and Iron sights

Lambster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm new to Airsoft and loving it. I've gone and got my own kit and just bought my first gun. a G&G MP5A4. I've got all my Face Pro too including the face mask mentioned in the topic. The only problem now being that I can't see down the bloody iron sights!

I've bought a Swiss Arms Red Dot Sight from Qlimax and should hopefully be receiving my Claw rail in the post in the next week or 2.

But I was just wondering, Will this solve my problem? How do other people overcome this issue? Am I holding the gun backwards?

same problem i had with my m4, answer was a rairser to make up the difference for my red dot sight

DSCN0846_zpsb82fa349.jpg

• Supporters

Raising the sights is the best way to go, but also you can bend a Strike II mask so it allows you to get your cheek tighter into the stock. You can experiment with different ways of holding your MP5. If you try putting the stock against your pectoral muscle so it's closer to your head, you will be looking over the sights with your head closer to vertical than the other extreme of leaving the stock loose out past your arm. Closer is a good position for using raised sights, further away makes you lean your head further so the stock is not under the mask.

Something to bear in mind is that how you use sights will also depend on your eyesight. For eg, if you have astigmatism you may have problems gauging elevation and/or how horizontal your shots are flying when your head is tilted right over in order to see over sights with the stock out past your arm.

Archived