Ak

Semi-only
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me of a good ak to get I'm going for range, accuracy, reliability

I am thinking of spending under £250

If anyone could tell me of a good reliable website as well that would be great

CYMA AK. Buy it and do not open it up at all. I think the best model numbers to go for are any over CM.048, although you'll have to check with Ian_Gere. They retail for under £200, some at £199 right down to £130 or less.

G&G RK47s are supposed to be good as well, the Combat Machine ones come in non blowback (£128 off proairsoftsupplies) and blowback (£160 something off PAS). Airsoft-Ed has one and he loves it.

ICS make a decent AK-74 for around £200. Higher quality externals than the Cyma and it's metal unlike the G&G (plastic, high quality stuff mind) but I don't know about internals. Supposed to be good, I've heard. You can get them from Firesupport for the quoted price.

Try gunfire.pl for AKs its a polish site but i order all my guns from them plus u dont pay VAT so there cheap some LCT AK's on there for 250 ish they look amazing however u need to be UKARA registered to get them in the country and patient as it takes about 10 -12 days delivery (tracked) great site tho .

Try Just BB guns. They have some pro guns. For pros. Professionals. Even Endorsed by the England National Airsoft Team. Very recommend. Such Trusty. Much Stars.

Seriously though, get a good, solid metal bodied one in your preferred style to start off with. For £250 you will even have a few bob to spend on upgrades.

Dboys Kalash RK08S. Full steel AK105 style gun,go for about 200 spoond depending where you buy. Externals fantastic,internals leave a lot to desire however.

CYMA CM048. Half steel,but still solid enough. Not as good as Dboys externally but miles ahead internally. Good performers and great bang for buck.

ICS AKS74U. Really reliable guns. Mostly steel IIRC. Very nice internal build quality and externals are good. Construction style is not full pinned like VFC which is a shame but they are very solid guns.

G&G Rk47-Magnesium reciever on this,very odd choice but nice and light and stronger than the zinc used on most china rifles. Very good performance,simple and relatively durable gearboxes but excellent hop up units.

• Supporters

As above really, except that if you buy CYMA you'll need a spring downgrade. Get the retailer to do it for you and then, as Tac says, leave it alone. I recently bought their CM.048 from taiwangun.com (also Polish so no VAT and they do free delivery on orders over about £55) but the .048M .048SU and .050A(EBB) are all hard to resist.

As UTJ says, the D-Boys RK-08S looks great, but D-Boys have such a bad rep for parts that i'm not sure i'd risk the hassle unless you're planning to learn how to tech your own guns, or know someone who can do Version 3 gearboxes. Their RK-10S looks great too, although I'm not certain they knew what bakelite actually is when they were deciding how to replicate it in the plastic for the pistol grip - I think maybe someone saw a grainy old photo and told the design team "it's old style fake wood" :lol: for full coolsies ehobbyasia sell a top notch fake bakelite pistol grip for about 20USD...

Considering the price though, especially the on sale RK-08S, compared to your budget, you could order a bunch of upgrade parts and have their tech fit them prior to shipping :-

this, either this if your fav site limit is 350FPS or this if it's 370FPS, this, this, this, & this = £66.97

Bearing in mind you will also need this and really you should get 2, because the stock one is so bad its only use is as real desperation stakes = £27.20 and this will help a lot (they're heavier than you think) = £9.91 leaves enough for 2 of these to come in at £249.21

Now these are not the choices I would make if I were to sit down to consider my dream AK for under £250, just what you can buy at that shop so you can get their tech to fit the upgrades all at once and ship you a decent gun, that will last a long time, which is probably the best value for money you could currently get anywhere. For eg, they do not sell shims :blink: however, if you ask politely... well actually you'd need to say something along the lines of, "Please will you fit all these upgrade parts I'm buying to the gun, but first fit the spring in the GB and while it is open wipe out all the earwax and replace it with plenty of the teflon grease. If you wouldn't mind, please also put a really good smear of the teflon grease around the piston head O-ring and inside the base of the air seal nozzle over its O-ring and if it's not too much trouble and you've got the bits handy, would you also shim the gears before you put it back together? I'm happy to pay a little extra..."

Actually people, I just popped into the specs to check that I wasn't talking out of my arse (cos i'm known for... what was I saying?) and came across something to which I suggest we all pay a great deal of attention when considering our next gun purchases, to whit:

Parts we change In our standard are:

• piston head changed to Ball Bering reinforced one. The Ball Bering pro vide smoothly spring rotation to provide minimum mechanical resistance.
  • Plastic bushings changed to Ball Bering 7mm steel one
  • Spring-new M125 nominal Power
  • Plastic spring Guide changed to reinforced Ball Bering type that gives few fps more.

Archived