Cm16 l upgrade advice

reavers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a cm16l and want to make some upgrades it has a 363mm inner. I was thinking of putting a 6.03 inner tbb bug go longer 509mm I would hide the inner barrel with a mock suppressor. Can the stock motor cope with this and should I stick with the same length barrel?

I was also thinking of a madbull 3in 1 hop.

I play woodland and want it to sting ;)

Suggestions

• Supporters

My CM16 has a 233mm inner barrel. You sure yours is 363mm? I'm also looking at increasing but from 233mm to 363mm, one of these http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-inner-barrel/madbull-m4-barrel.htm#.UyYY5Pl_uLA

He says he has the CM16L, they are longer.

Just be careful with your upgrades that you don't end up exceeding your site limit. Motor should be fine but when you say you "want it to sting" what exactly are you trying to do?

He says he has the CM16L, they are longer.

Just be careful with your upgrades that you don't end up exceeding your site limit. Motor should be fine but when you say you "want it to sting" what exactly are you trying to do?

oh my bad!

Fed up with some people not taking their hits so would like to make sure they have a reason to but would settle for better accuracy. Is the 509 overkill will I see a difference ?

Just replacing the length of the inner barrel could raise your FPS by as much as 50fps. I did this on my CM16S, putting in a 510 inner to check why my standard one with the 229 inner was only firing at around 270FPS. The power went up to 370FPS with no other changes, just by containing the air in a longer inner. Contrary to any other info, G&G use exactly the same gearbox in all the CM M4 series, so the FPS varies according to the inner barrel attached to the gun.

• Supporters

Fed up with some people not taking their hits

Thing is, if someone is a genuine cheat they're going to ignore it even if it hits harder. If you're consistently hitting people in the torso they may have genuinely not felt it due to a chest rig/plate carrier and in my experience at least you need to get pretty hard to actually feel anything through one of them! Maybe you need to play somewhere with less cheaters?

Maybe you need to play somewhere with less cheaters?

^ This. Its not your gun that needs upgrading, its the people you play with/against.

Archived