National Airsoft Event 2014 Booking Now Open

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fair enough, cleared some stuff up for me lol :D

I saw the pics from last years NAE. Quite surprised at the abundance of good 'ol DPM.

• Supporters

Good old DPM works well coz its designed for temperate forest and its temperate forest mostly so actually one of the more appropriate camo choices. Unlike the delta guys that turned up in Black suits, white shirts and red ties, aka hitman. There is no camo limit its just turn up and play in whatever you feel like.

I didn't think Delta was geardo's, I was on Delta last year with my team and we are kind of the anti team, random collection of kit etc. I got the impression that a lot of Bravo were into their kit. Seems like everyone had it in for Delta, there were times last year when it seemed like Bravo and the Others had come to some kind of agreement to team up on delta.

I'll be on delta again this year.

For those of you who haven't been before, with how some people were dressed for the past 2 years I've been, there is definitely no kit limits, literally wear what you want, I've seen silly things like monks, nuns, some weird PVC suits that look like something out of a BDSM video (don't ask) right up to a full US Vietnam-era platoon of enthusiasts etc.

Pics for last year (not mine): https://secure.flickr.com/photos/guyver-47/sets/72157635227243121

Its not a mil-sim, its more like a festival for airsofters (that's how i see it anyway, just with less music and more shootin'!) Its what you wanna make of it, go uber-hardcore/realistic or just have some fun (i usually try and stick to the middle ground). :)

I should be there with some mates again, hopefully see y'all there. Should be good fun.

• Supporters

The Air Cav are one of two of my regular sites teams I'm in the Mental Militia ( the anti team) they are probably one of the VN platoons you saw, they held heartbreak ridge all of Saturday. They basically spent the day posing in the foxholes with their VN soundtrack playing on mini speakers in the trees. Was a weird sight coming up heartbreak and seeing them smoking and listening to tunes. They are the ones in the VN style canvas tent and the huge sound system.

Other loadouts seen on previous years have been:

Girl in French maids outfit

Man in lime green mankini (borat style)

Group of suited and booted hitmen.

Gimp outfit/BDSM kit was the weirdest though.

• Supporters

I can't =[

...Thankfully

• Supporters

Neither can I - the psychological damage would run into the millions to repair.

• Supporters

"My mind is telling me no, but my body, my baaaaaaady's telling me" ..... NO

• Supporters

Does anyone have team preferences again this year? I'm pretty certain I'm going delta again with Arden.

• Supporters

DELTA DELTA DELTA, sorry it's my teams token german that likes to start that off in the camp site on friday evening. Unfortunately we met up with some hungarian guys who kept offering us "the queens spirit" which helped to lubricate these chanting sessions.

• Supporters

Others for me too. I'm hoping to be settled on my new meds soon so I can start doing something about cardiovascular fitness, in order to keep up with an AF-UK squad in the field, but even if I end up as a lone wol... er... wallaby, I'd rather snipe at Delta than for them!

• Supporters

Going 'Others' that way I can wear what I want and play how I want to (Style wise).

You realise you can wear what you want and play how you want (within the rules) on any team, right?

Others for me too. I'm hoping to be settled on my new meds soon so I can start doing something about cardiovascular fitness, in order to keep up with an AF-UK squad in the field, but even if I end up as a lone wol... er... wallaby, I'd rather snipe at Delta than for them!

In that case, I may be seeing you in my scope.

How's the sniper shooting now? You done much to it since last year at the NAE?

• Supporters

I recently got a PSO-1 replica scope, Liam, but other than that, no she's the same. I'm planning on a reinforced piston soon, because the steel sear is taking shavings of aluminium off stock one. I'll probably get the steel barrel base as well, just because it may prove useful and may as well save the postage from the Czech Republic by buying them together. And an M200 linear spring, which is the most powerful spring which will fit that I can find, to do some experiments on FPS and range.

I got what I quietly felt was a pretty spectacular hit with Svetlana at Humber Airsoft a few weeks ago - under fire from 2 directions, poor bushy cover no higher than 0.5m high, trying to get steady on a difficult bit of rocky slope, bloody uncomfortable and steep enough to fall down; target approx 75m away, on the opposite side of the central valley, moving down and left; wind was gusty around both me and the target, but with an inconsistent prevailing wind right to left and towards me, so from about 2 on a clock, blowing down the valley between us. I overcompensated for his speed of movement and hit him at belt height slightly left of centre => result!

• Supporters

What FPS will an M200 give you? Also, what steel barrel?

Nice, sounds like it's shooting really well. Makes me want to fix mine, but I've kinda given up on it. Been sat completely disassembled since before Christmas. Needs a new bolt housing before I can do anything with it at all.

• Supporters

Others!

AK and high caps is the only way to play when there are 1000 enemy players lol. Realism can fuck off for the weekend.

• Supporters

At some point I hope to rock my new Bar10 at GZ, have installed a CO2 cylinder which should make it a beast, I may put the short barrel with Rhop back in!

Also going to pick up a few more high caps/flash mags in time for the weekender, realism is definitely not the order of the day.

• Supporters

Ahh, gas snipers, how can people do that!? The power output of each shot reduces slightly as you empty the CO2 capsule, giving you the opposite to what you want in a sniper - consistency.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.