National Airsoft Event 2014 Booking Now Open

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The correct setup shouldn't have an issue with pressure dropping, but I'll test it and let you know. This one can use HPA, 88g CO2 or 12g CO2 so very large cylinders are possible which reduces the issue.

• Supporters

I think about 710FPS, Liam - just for range experiments. It will also be interesting to see how well the air seal and barrel width guestimates hold up at much higher pressure.

The steel barrel base is an SVD only part - it replaces the aluminium stock part to allow more points of contact with the internal barrel for stability, but also it's stiffer and heavier so it ought to be more difficult for the spring shock to move. TBH, I doubt it can do anything noticeable that LX tape around the inner barrel can't, but for €16 it's worth a punt.

I think I'll be going with a new quad stack 1000rnd AK mag again. My old one died at Skirmish - the lip snapped clean off as it was locking :lol: dboys... what can you say!?! Nobody else makes 'em though.

• Supporters

The correct setup shouldn't have an issue with pressure dropping, but I'll test it and let you know. This one can use HPA, 88g CO2 or 12g CO2 so very large cylinders are possible which reduces the issue.

Fair enough, the only way I'd get a gas sniper is if it ran on HPA.

I think about 710FPS, Liam - just for range experiments. It will also be interesting to see how well the air seal and barrel width guestimates hold up at much higher pressure.

The steel barrel base is an SVD only part - it replaces the aluminium stock part to allow more points of contact with the internal barrel for stability, but also it's stiffer and heavier so it ought to be more difficult for the spring shock to move. TBH, I doubt it can do anything noticeable that LX tape around the inner barrel can't, but for €16 it's worth a punt.

I think I'll be going with a new quad stack 1000rnd AK mag again. My old one died at Skirmish - the lip snapped clean off as it was locking :lol: dboys... what can you say!?! Nobody else makes 'em though.

Wow, if only you could use that at sites in the UK.

Oh, I thought you meant inner barrel. PDI advertise their L96 outer barrels as being more accurate as they're thicker metal than the stock barrels, and therefore less movement/vibrations when you shoot.

I think I may get a new gun before the NAE, stuck between a few options though.

- Old school M4, with the M16A1 receiver, standard handguard, Car-15 stock etc.

- DMR, M14 most likely and upgrading it to the max FPS allowed.

- Lightweight sniper, such as a VSR, upgraded a little but not fully kitted out with PDI.

Looking at the current numbers booked, I'm thinking Bravo would be a better team to join, the Others seems much more popular out of the three

• Supporters

Long way to go yet, Tac.

Yeah Liam, I'm really curious to find out how much range I can get from that kind of FPS. Got an email t'other day to inform me that the steel barrel base was back in stock, but I couldn't afford that plus piston & spring so I left it... sold out again already :(

If its hot again, i'm going super-light. Even if i can get settled on my new meds by then I'll still be pretty unfit I suspect, so yeah, minimal kit will have to be the way...

• Supporters

The absolute polar opposite of last year then, eh? Haha

• Supporters

I think you should meet in the middle - Delta!

• 4 weeks later...

im going and going delta with all the other close action players will be a laugh and a half will see you on the battle field

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So I just booked onto The Others and paid my £25 deposit. Something I didn't know was that you can pay the remaining £60 in instalments, which can be as low as £5. That's got to be helpful to some people, I'd think. Not me mind... I'm going to wait until I get there just in case my health stops me attending.

14 year old newbie here, Will have played a fair few games by the time of the event. Would rent.

Not sure if It's for me, I'm not sure If I'd be allowed to go alone xD.

Of course it sounds like a no brainer (That I shouldn't go)

But I have an itching that it'd be a blast.

I have no gun yet, an Zero One has a large 'shop' there, So I'd be tempted to go to try out or possibly look into purchasing a gun.

I'd personally like to try it, Whether I bring a relative along or just slide with you lot, I don't know.

Would It be a good idea? fill me in xD

-Reece

Personally I'd get a little more experience and buy some of my own kit/guns before going, so i'd be used to it all- but if you're sure you'll be ready by August then that's great! :)

Personally I'd get a little more experience and buy some of my own kit/guns before going, so i'd be used to it all- but if you're sure you'll be ready by August then that's great! :)

Nice, I'd have definately had a fair amount of experience by that time and my birthday will have passed so who knows!

• Supporters

Well, just to be clear and not to be all moralising or a prick or anything, but as we are a responsible forum:

you cannot purchase an airsoft gun yourself until you are 18 and, if I were you, I wouldn't imagine that you will be able to i. get Zero One to bend the rules or fail to ask you for ID, or ii. get some stranger at NAE to go in the shop and buy a gun with your money for you, since legally speaking to do so is the same as selling it to you (taking your money in exchange for an item, regardless of which way around the exchanges happen) and i think Zero One do take precautions against this kind of 'hanging around outside the off licence' stylee an ting...

Also you will not be able to play unless your legal guardian signs an insurance waver on your behalf. It's something we all do before playing at a site which basically says that you understand there are risks involved and that you absolve the organisers of any responsibility should you get injured (although this does not actually absolve them of all duty of care, it means that you will not have a leg to stand on if you try to sue unless something happened to you only as a direct result of a failure of something for which the organisers have sole responsibility).

I dunno how Zero One go about checking this, but the minimum age for players is 14, so they must have a policy. Maybe you have to download it and fill it in beforehand, maybe someone has to accompany you to at least book in, although from what they say on their webby I suspect you may have to be accompanied by an adult to get in (They say "Children and family members are welcome to join you camping whatever the age." ie people who are not players can attend as campers only for a few quid per night instead of the whole fee.) - you should contact them and ask via [email protected] I suspect that they will have some kind of common sense solution, because the event is far too big to have the kinds of nazi rules which invite people to break them - i'm sure that if one of your parents speaks to "H" (the boss) on the phone (01329 849818 or 07951 415188) they will be able to arrange it for you to attend with a relative or other adult and just bring the signed waver with you.

Even if you've only skirmished a couple of times I'd say you should go; just so long as you know you like airsoft. It's such a laugh... plus you will not get the opportunity to be a part of a bigger battle than those which take place around The Village at the end of both days anywhere else in Europe. Don't let that intimidate you. You will not have 800+ people all shooting just at you at any one time... although, if you manage to get far forward enough, it may feel like it :lol: but you will have 400+ allies shooting back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Last year we were about in the middle of the right hand (non-quiet) of the rear 2 camping fields. It seemed to be ok. I mean, yeah, it's a bit of a walk compared to camping closer to the shop, but it's quiet enough to get a good kip and you don't have to feel like you have to keep your gob shut as soon as the sun gets low in the sky. I spose it would be handy to be closer to the range for zeroing sights, etc., but getting a large pitch near to the entrance of that rear field would take someone to turn up ready to get in there as soon as they open - that would be cool though, in the corner where the drag turns left to go into the rest of the field - about as close to the range, shop, & game zone as poss without being kept awake by people getting pissed all night and also not right where everyone will be tempted to take shortcuts over your guy ropes...

You should join Delta to piss of those in the MC.

Do a CBA load out or go out with florescent pink tutus. That way we can identify fellow AF UK comrades.

Not sure I can make it this year, it's a bit of a travel and even more cost but I should be able to attend a meet up in the near future ^_^

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.