National Airsoft Event 2014 Booking Now Open

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

shapeimage_1.png

22-23-24 August 2014

Info

Booking is open already! Whatever... If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll start a General Discussion thread nearer the time for all those wishing to go, meet up, etc. I plan on going again and hopefully AF-UK will be there in platoon strength... you never know :lol:

As much as i would like to go, its an 8 hour drive for me :-(

• Supporters

^^Mate, I've done it all the way there and back from Nottingham, via London St. Pancras and tube to Waterloo, on public transport, so I'm not seeing your problem...

Carrying tent & everything in a bergen + rocket pouches inc MK6 helmet.

;):lol:

Edited by Ian_Gere
not just turning up

• Supporters

Well I'll be there again, hopefully with a caravan this year, and more of my friends. But more to the point, Delta!?

Screw delta, others for me :).

Planning to go again this year and hopefully bring a couple of mates, be cool to see everyone again.

• Supporters

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing you motley fucks again almost as much as I'm looking forward to those end-of-day mass battles :D

Others for me too, Geoff. I've found my home :) Can't believe I let myself be talked into Delta 1st time I went! I was a proper spare prick at an MTP/MC wedding :lol:

May be able to. Very tempted, logistics are not a problem. I'm thinking Bravo (unless I can get me an AK and some sort of guerrilla loadout sharpish so I can join the taliban others).

AFUK campsite anyone? :D

• Supporters

^^Oh yeah, AF-UK camp zone is a must.

Dunno how I'm going to get there yet meself, but at this stage it feels a bit early to start worrying about it. There's always the train etc again if push comes to mental...

• Supporters

I'll definitely be there, going to start putting money aside for the walk on this coming payday, but then at the start of August I'm house sitting for my uncle for a week, so I ought to get a fair sum from that which can go towards a new shiny...

Anyone who has the means to get there and aren't 100% sold on it - do it! I was sceptical last year but it was a blast, reintroduced me to high caps and I've never had so much fun lol.

• Supporters

The main problem for me is the cost of it, it's a lot of money for what is essentially a big skirmish- if it was at a big MOD site or something then fair enough, I think it's a case of balancing the game-play against the social aspect of it. For me I'm 50/50 on it, I much prefer to play smaller games though if I have the available money to do it without issue then I may well attend.

All the guys i go with are planning on going for the others but im looking very mtp camo with plate carrier etc :unsure: some new gear may be needed.............

• Supporters

Are there kit limits? Each team has a different colour tag, and each player gets two of their team colour, one to attach to the front of them and one to the back.

I thought NAE worked on a milsim basis- if not then I have no worries about buying an AK

I'll stick with my patent OD and MTP mix then.

• Supporters

I thought NAE worked on a milsim basis- if not then I have no worries about buying an AK

I'll stick with my patent OD and MTP mix then.

Nah, it works on a basic skirmish basis, using tags/colours to identify teams rather than kits and weapons.

• Supporters

Yeah, no limits. But I think there is a soul to each of the factions - Delta do get most of the geirdos, The Others do get most of the nutters. Not sure on Bravo really: the DPM diehards maybe...?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.