Home made Hop-Up modifications

Dan_W
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

Any ideas for home made hop up mods?

Take the G-hop for example, instead of using a sliced up piece of Hop-Up rubber, are there any alternatives. What about a piece of rubber from the colourful wristband thingies or from a bit of a bicycle inner tube?

Just a thought.

Enjoy your Evening

Guest PT247

Am waitin for my L86 to return with its tbb and R hop, hope it will be epic as it is my first gun so want to keep it competitive :-)

The Reason G hop uses a cut up piece of a hop up rubber is because It's already manufactured to fit in a hop up window and requiring less tuning than an R hop patch for example. You can use other pieces of rubber but they won't be as precise and will require some modification.

I've made some little hop up mods to my VSR recently which gives me a nice 60m of effective range with .3s

Put some Sorbothane in between the hop up arm prong,essentially an HS5 M nub but filed and cut to shape to form one full bar like the Dangerwerx type B arm. I tried shimming the arm and adjuster but the TM tolerances in the chamber where too tight for any of the shims I had,I wasted all my super thin shims ages ago.

Planning to do Ghop or Flat hop in my VSR when my current W hold bucking wears out.

Archived