New to airsoft

Gaza
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What sort of gun do you like? Is it for CQB or outdoors in woodland or a mix of both?

For an M4 you should look at the G&G combat machine range, for anything else it is best to say what you're looking at and then people can suggest similar guns that may be better.

• Supporters

Hi Gaza welcome to the forum.

At the moment I can't post links for some reason but you should probably head over to the "New Players and Arrivals" section and have a read of the bits in the advice in the "New Player Guides & Info" especially the one titled "Ian's guide to noobism on a tight budget".

The next questions you will need to answer are:

What is your budget?

Are you only wanting new or do you mind second hand?

What kind of game do you play, aggressive running about, indoor, outdoor, up close and personal or at a distance, a heavy or light gun?

Modern or something a bit more old school? M4 vs say M1 Garand

What guns do you like the look of?

Have you held them? if not get your hands on some at your next game by asking players what they use and why, check they are comfortable to shoulder and aim.

Do you want to pimp your gun internally? Is ease of getting parts important to you or do you mind them costing lots/being rare?

Do you want to pimp your gun externally? Is ease of getting parts important to you or do you mind them costing lots/being rare?

Get to a shop and try out a few guns. Once you get your grubby mits on a few you will have a better idea

Stay away from sniper rifles as a noob

I I would reccomed the we m4 aeg, look at the redwold tv review on youtube, its cheap, full metal and fairly customizable.

Your gunna want a mid price range, to cheap and you get bad experience and breaks, to expensive because you may not know your play style and pearsonal prefrences.

But thats just my opinion. Just look at mid ranged guns off shops and then look at reviews, hell even ask people on here about a gun your intrested in, also if you go to your localmsite you can rent a gun, giv you a feel of how you play and other players may let you examine their shooters if you ask nicely

Cheap doesn't always mean breaks. I owned and used a Cyma MP5A5 for 2 years (up til recently) with no problems and above average performance. I was getting more out of it than guys with guns that cost over £100 more, and the only mod I ever did was replace the wide bore barrel with a MadBull tightbore.

Literally. That's all I did and I could drop a guy easily at 50m.

And it cost me £130 new. See, when buying an AEG it's not all about price, you need to think of what you're buying.

Admittedly the materials used don't tend to be the best quality but who cares as a beginner? You'd be happier with excellent performance than you would be with stellar looks.

Although if you don't want to go down the Chinese route, go Taiwanese. The distance makes a lot of difference. G&G are brilliant, they make very good weapons in their economy range and fairly nice weapons in the Top Tech line.

As said, look for the G&G Combat Machine range. I've heard nothing but good feedback from their M4 and AK lines and they can be bought for £130 or less in some places. They may be plastic, but high quality plastic is better than low quality metal.

Archived