Airsoft Forums UK

What's the best parts to upgrade my MP5

2518stone
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I'm not new to Airsoft but I'm a total novice when it comes to upgrading a stock weapon. I recently bought a JG MP5 Navy second hand and it is a project for me to get going with but I don't know where to start, I know the gear box has never been opened but it and the rest of the gun work fine but I don't want it to be stock any more.

Please can anyone advise me on the best things to replace and what you think I should upgrade in it thanks guys look forward to hearing from you

Wire mosfet,correct angle of engagement,reshim and regrease. Basic tuning to get the gun running reliably. A 7.4v 30c lipo should do well. Packet of shims should be no more than a fiver,sorbopads and grease the same. You can get basic mosfets for 15 quid that will allow non sh*t discharge lipos to be used.

A nice prometheus,PDi or madbull barrel(If you want to save moneh) in 6.05 or 6.03 bore should serve well,new bucking like a G&G green and an H nub should work well.

JG internals parts are fairly good,I'd keep them and leave the rest to the tuning I've mentioned above. Check if your motor can lift a hammer. If it can,keep it since you may have won the JG lottery and got an M42 neodymium motor that's an epic & efficient torque monster. If it can't,an SHS high torque motor will be good(But not as good as the JG neo motors)

• Supporters

Beware the trap of spending more than the gun is worth though.

Having been through the upgrade route on my M4 and ending up with a gun just about as good as the Dytac I could have bought for the same money....

Guest PT247

also some guns just don't upgrade well, I had a cracking gun previously, but it went to hell the moment I opened the gearbox and has never been the same since

had a cyma mp5 was ok but upgraded to ultimate hop rubber TB barrel and HS motor and it was unreal also hitting targets @ 80-90metres

seems-legit.jpg

I like to leave as much Gearbox parts stock as possible.

Like I said,most ACM internals are pretty decent,the gearboxes are just badly assembled and tuned. About an hours worth of tuning and minor internal work pays off much more and gives better results than jamming in a load of leet shitty systema or SHS parts and calling it day.

Hell,the mosfet isn;t even necessary. Just Shimming,regreasing and AOE correction should be fine for a 25c 7.4v lipo.

had a cyma mp5 was ok but upgraded to ultimate hop rubber TB barrel and HS motor and it was unreal also hitting targets @ 80-90metres

Was the target a barn by any chance?

Or did you get perfectly tuned Rhop and .43 BBs?

• Supporters

I like to leave as much Gearbox parts stock as possible.

Like I said,most ACM internals are pretty decent,the gearboxes are just badly assembled and tuned. About an hours worth of tuning and minor internal work pays off much more and gives better results than jamming in a load of leet sh*tty systema or SHS parts and calling it day.

So true. I mostly do shimming and a good cleaning and that's it. And 7.4 lipo. With every new part you introduce a new possibility to fail.

If you're new to airsoft, just keep it stock. It will be fine as is.

Best policy on taking guns apart is not to touch them until you have a spare. Get a sight and the rail attachment to fit it and if you're doing CQB at all get the torch front grip. Leave the internals alone until it breaks and then upgrade it by replacing anything worn out with a better version.

Alright, calm down, it was only a bit of banter...

It's just my mate and I both bought Cyma MP5s a few years ago, I swapped mine a few weeks ago but he still has his. He's spent £££ on upgrades and gets range nowhere near that , I reckon he's spent at least twice the gun's original value and gets 70m range out of it tops.

I may be wrong about yours though... post up a video of it with an actual measured range and redeem yourself.

Archived