New gun newbie advice required

Garfs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have been airsofting for couple of months now and, based on advice i've seen here, picked up a G&G Gr16 cqb which i'm extremely happy with (so thanks for the advice there :-) )

A couple of mates are due to get ukara defence very soon and are looking at a starter weapon

Obviously i have highly recommened G&G, but 1 of my mates has his heart set on an MP5 and has seen a CYMA MP5 he likes the look (and price of)

So the real question is, are CYMA a decent manufacturer, are the weapons good quality, easy to use, maintain, upgrade, get parts for etc ?

Or would he be better off looking to a different manufacturer - and if so, anyone recommened a good entry level MP5 - i guess he's looking to spend £150 - £200

thanks in advance

Cyma make rock solid guns I would suggest to any new player to consider purchasing them.

no issues. Ive got the Top Tech one though, but G&G are sound.

The MP5 was my first as it is a classic. It doesn't have much rail space and it doesn't fit much with woodland fighting if you are into realism, but I still like it. In truth, I tend to use my UMP more though..

Thanks Baz - and you are happy with the G&G no issues etc?

Thanks guys

We haven't played woodland (yet) the 2 sites closest are mainly cqb so no worries there

I shall pass on the advice

Yes CYMA make good guns. My M4 CQB is CYMA and so is my AK47 EBB (In fact, they are said to make some of the best AKs actually)

I've heard several times though that you should buy the models with a designation above 40. So for example you might see the manufacturers name for the gun is CM.030 (the Glock AEP) or CM.028 I believe is an AK.

This is because ones with a number below 40 are Tokyo Marui clones or something. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not sure.

X3 cyma makes good gun. Don't under estimate those Chinese manufactured aeg, cyma has a few variants of mp5 and I have held the pdw version before. I can tell it feels weighty and solid

Shooting wise u can't compare to vfc or so but I can say it worths the money and overall I'll recommend it

The G&G combat machine is good. The problem is it isn't available with the collapsible stock, something you will want if you do any CQB. Cyma is probably good, classic army is good, jing gong is probably okay, they're all TM clones as far as I can tell. If you have enough money for the G&G top tech then they're extremely good.

I dun recommand CA, in from HK and locally their guns are bad, unstable and always have has leak problem on their pistols. I'm bit sure if they have a different version for exporting products

• Supporters

CA pistols are bad. CA proline AEGs are really good.

Cyma is the way to go. The current models have SHS inner pars right out of the factory. (yes, true) Cyma is the best buy nowdays.

Archived