JG Steyr AU-1G

jim1h
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning all, I have been offered a supposed JG AU-1G, was interested because it seems a good price and I like the style of gun. Having looked it over and fired etc.. I came away thinking it seemed very flimsy being mostly plastic, even the outer barrell and cocking handle, the only metal I could see externally was the top rail. The guy put it through his chrono and was average 300fps so would be ok for cqb.

All the info I can find refer to a metal outer barrel and upper receiver, this one is plastic, and don't want it to fall apart on first use, my SRC G36 feels so solid in comparison.

Any advice or opinions welcome.

JG Aug has metal outer barrel and upper receiver. It sounds like it's both elephant instead.

Ok, is that some kind of fake then? I guess you have to be cautious with Chinese makes..

• Supporters

If they say it's JG then yes, it's fake.

Both Elephant is one step cheaper than the normal chinese brands. If you want to use it for normal airsofting then you should avoid it. For back garden use it's okay.

If they say it's JG then yes, it's fake.

Both Elephant is one step cheaper than the normal chinese brands. If you want to use it for normal airsofting then you should avoid it. For back garden use it's okay.

Thanks mate it says its JG on the bottom of the box I have checked the model number against similar from dealers who sell the JG describing outer barrell, upper receiver etc. are metal so it is a fake.

Archived