EAG Gatwick Review

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After 3 weeks of The Depot Aldershot being cancelled last min and not shooting we decided last min to try this site

This was the first time out for our new team breaking away from Surrey Viper Squad, we are now Sinister 616.

With 3 new guys trying out for the new team already i was hoping it would be epic.

This is a Paintball site that also runs Airsoft so we were worried it would be paintball based games, but were told by a few people that this was not the case. Turning up to the site you cant help being impressed by the nice area to get your gear ready and it looked like a good turn out of about 80 people prob alot of fair weather softers out!!

The rules meeting was terrible the guy that runs the place, i forgot his name is very friendly and nice but he didnt actually tell you any information about the site rules and instead used the time to try and be funny and joke. I dont mind a laugh but the rules meet is prob not the time to do it. Looking around at the meet i could see alot of bright coloured guns with kids under 16 on the end too and alot of DPM.

With that done now it was time for the first game at about 10am as the site does not open till 9am , thats kinda late to me but hey ho.

First game was explained as a 20min game and kinda a cluster fuck of just run get the balls out the box and run them back to respawn.

This was like hearing the worst news knowing the game is only 20mins long no tactics are needed just like paintball. Run get shot run back. This game totally dishearten the team and i was thinking fuk is it going to be like this all day. If i wanted to do paintball id joint a paintball team.

The 2nd game was attack and defend and we defended the 1st game. This game was alot more fun with us holding the other team and stopping them right at the last line and some how with shots flying all around me i didnt get hit have know idea how.

On the attack side when it was our turn we managed hit them hard and fast with us taking them back and winning within about 15mins with the whole of our team working well and pushing forward, had some really good new guys trying out for our team really showing aggression.

After lunch , the normal horrid airsoft lunch that you get at all sites i have been we had another game of similar to the last.

This game went terribly wrong with it just being a complete cluster fuck know one knowing what the actual game play was and everyone moaning about hit taking on both sides with the home side being aggressive about it and not really representing the home ground well.

You normally find the hit taking moaning coming from the side that is losing but to be fair both sides were and at this point i had stood about bored for about 30mins after an already boring day of waiting and breaks and short games that i decided too leave.

This site was run by very friendly people the marshalling was totally under staffed with 2 guys looking at 80 players i had heard it should be 1 for every 10. The actual layout of the place was epic it could be an amazing site but they just feel like a paintball site doing Airsoft.

Site 9/10

Staff 8/10

shop 5/10

marshalling 3/10

game play 1/10

All in all im glad i gave it a try it was just about better then not going shooting but only just. I like playing Airsoft for the long games and missions not the paintball style games but this site is really good if your a complete noob and just getting into the hobby for the more serious players id give it a miss.

Jay

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately after EAG had arranged for airsoft to be played at this paintball site and had got player numbers into the high 70's the paintball owners decided they now wanted to take over and insisted on their own marshals and shorter games a la paintball. This is not airsoft as EAG had intended. As a result of this EAG have wiped their hands of any future involvement at this site.

That makes sense, such a shame the site area is amazing but the game play could not of been worse, id rather meet mates at the woods and run about then play 40 vs 40 15min games with no skill what so ever.

What is a pity is that the paintball guy was more than happy for us to set things up, hire guns, chargers etc etc, but once it was up and running tried to take over and run it as an extension to paintball.

You're talking about Albert and Ross (the guy who owns the place)

To be honest, the site is good, the marshall's are friendly . I'll agree with kids. The kids are honestly really good players. The ball game is repetitive, tbh it's still a great site. I'd contact them on Facebook.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.