Tracer Unit

Maff-7777

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after a day of rather awesome CQB (which I'm new too) I thought a tracer unit might be handy – and look cool let's face it.

I've been looking around at various tracers, watching reviews etc and the early two contenders are the new Tokyo Marui Tracer Unit and the ASG B&T one. I like these because they are shorter then the rest, I prefer the stubby look.

I use a Toyko Marui High Cycle, and althought most CQB sites don't allow full auto it would be nice to have a tracer unit that could keep up... just in case.

The B&T is the cheaper option but does any one know if it's any good (first hand experience). Is the TM one worth the extra money?

m.

• Supporters

I know a few people that use the B&T one and it seems fine on full auto. Army Force do one that is similar too.

Personally I have the Dytac QD one as it fits nicely on the G&G SCAR flash hider AND comes with a QD flash hider so I now have that on my M4. Presto change-o interchangeable QD tracery goodness. Plus....paying twice as much for ammo. Which sucks.

I know a few people that use the B&T one and it seems fine on full auto. Army Force do one that is similar too.

Personally I have the Dytac QD one as it fits nicely on the G&G SCAR flash hider AND comes with a QD flash hider so I now have that on my M4. Presto change-o interchangeable QD tracery goodness. Plus....paying twice as much for ammo. Which sucks.

Do you think the B&T one will be fine with high cycle full auto? I haven't tested my rate of fire but the HC is meant to be 25-30rps. If the B&T one can deal with that then it sounds like we have a winner.

• Supporters

Really not sure. There's a customer review on the JD airsoft website that claims they tested it to 120rpm and it worked though! I say go for it!

Really not sure. There's a customer review on the JD airsoft website that claims they tested it to 120rpm and it worked though! I say go for it!

I've very tempted to. The B&T is £40-£50 on various sites the TM is pretty much £100. Can't help but wonder if the B&T is gonna be a false economy.

Cheers for the advice.

• Supporters

I've very tempted to. The B&T is £40-£50 on various sites the TM is pretty much £100. Can't help but wonder if the B&T is gonna be a false economy.

Cheers for the advice.

Look at it this way - if you fire in bursts and the B&T can't entirely keep up, the first few in each burst will light up at least. Sustained full auto might be an issue but how often will you do that, especially playing CQB?

• 4 months later...

Hi there new to the forums but not airsoft. Ive recently taken up making my own external parts for my custom M4. The latest project was trying to make my own mock suppressor tracer unit. I couldn't see on the net anyone who's made their own. After a few unsuccessful attempts this is my final version. Just wanted to know what people think, included are some images of the final piece & it works like a dream.

post-9772-0-03926300-1405264024_thumb.jpg

post-9772-0-87115700-1405264060_thumb.jpg

post-9772-0-09379100-1405264110_thumb.jpg

Well at the minute it has a battery pack (1x3.75v 18650) external to the unit onto which i put a clicky switch on. The battery pack is attached to the RIS rail just above my homemade fore grip & i can switch it on & off with my thumb nice & easy. At some point I'm gonna look into putting some sort of motion sensor into it but for now I'm happy with it. I think as well i'll probably keep the battery pack separate as it doesn't get in the way or looks outta place. I only finished this friday, it took some doing to get to this stage, the only other improvement would be to put CREE Luxon stars in it as at the minute it has 3 rows of 10 flat top, bright white LED bulbs which makes it a little busy in there hence the external battery pack. All in all made from just bit & bobs i had found in my workshop (costing nothing) i'm chuffed to bits.

post-9772-0-17923400-1405293847_thumb.jpg

post-9772-0-10049500-1405293897_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.