Faviourte times of the year to play?

Hendy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Somewhere between after the mud has dried and before it gets unbearably hot in the all the gear you need to wear and then again when the summer cools down and before the fields turn back to slurry !

lol

in authun and in spring. With temp. From 5 till 15 degrees celsius. Than its good temp to play.no rain. If something has to fall down from the sky than snow. Becaus you can whipe it of your clothes. Rain gets in your clothes and makes you wet.

• Supporters

I only like playing on days with a 'y' in them.

• Supporters

Around now, weather's generally quite nice, bright days, sun's starting to stay up longer, longer days = Longer game days.

Seeing your BBs is nice too, it's hard sometimes when it's glum. Plus, gas guns work pretty nicely under these sort of conditions.

Though Marcus makes a good point.

Winter, undoubtedly winter. (Not that it really matters, seeing as how I'm largely relegated to CQB these days...)

Humidity is low. Unless you're seriously unfit, goggles and glasses are less likely to steam up (well, I've found that to be the case).

Due to the lack of warmth, many of the bullet-proof bastard brigade don't show up, meaning hit taking is good.

It's hilarious to see half the enemy team get stuck up to their arse in thick mud. Or unable to climb a hill, because it's slick with mud.

Everyone gets to laugh when a gas gun (pistol/rifle) vents all of its gas in a huge cloud. Once I've stopped coughing, I too usually find myself laughing when my L85 does that...

No wasps. There's absolutely no fecking wasps to deal with. Useless, vicious flying bastards.

don't get my message wrong. the question is, what the faviourte time in season is.

But i play al year round. even when it's freesing or temp getting hot. I learned to adjust my clothes to the temp.

how hotter how more drinking and less clothes (but trying to have long sleeves because of bloodsucking bugs)

All year round for me,my VSR works whatever the conditions,the human body is pretty robust so It's not really a factor ;). Mine was all drenched with mud and water internally yesterday(Not in the hop and barrel of course,)and I still manage to fire off shots reliably at 60m, Springers FTW.

Spring and summer are grand since my KLMK is really effective during that time,pistol also works which is a plus. Winter and Autumn I'd love even more If I had flecktarn,but I still love to run around in the muck and wet brush,makes you feel cool charging or sneaking on some unsuspecting aul git and flinging a .3 right into them. Or better yet,a heroic charge at the enemy,while diving behind cover into piles of mud and all that craic.

I found my Denison smock to be quite good in the rain. Duck Cotton = 1940's Goretex :)

Only been playing for a few months and mainly indoors where the seasons make very little difference but with Shirt, Battledress and Denison there's plenty of layers to adjust to any weather. The main reason I wouldn't be out when it rains is that I would have to cycle there unless I can cadge a lift :)

I've found airsofting in the snow to be huge fun personally, but as long as it isn't so hot that I'm dying to get out of my gear I'm not all that picky. So I'd say my favourite airsofting seasons would probably be autumn, since it's not too hot, there's a bit of a chill in the air yet you can be comfortable and there's no unbearable hayfever that you get in spring.

• Supporters

Any time but, rain puts a downer on things, and it's not because I'm a fair weather player. Drizzle is ok but it gets everywhere, the last thing I want is water in my AEG destroying the internals!

I like a sneaky game so when the cover starts to regrow I'm much happier and its really nice when its is warm enough that my breath doesn't condense around me so I don't have to worry about it giving away my position.

• Supporters

I'm gonna add summer evenings too, combat south do them- on wednesdays around june/julyish. By the time they're held it's not too hot but warm enough to be comfortable, more casual play tends to be more common in evenings which I like, so long as cheating isn't occurring.

I'll play any weather happily, I just kit up accordingly. I really enjoyed playing in the snowdrifts in Sweden a few years back, even my pistol was working despite it being 11 degrees below.

• Supporters

Never managed to get to a skirmish in the snow yet. That's what I really want to experience. Otherwise, I'm torn. I love all the cover and the way camouflage works better in high summer, but running around in the heat is really bad news for an unfit old git like me. I dislike heavy rain, which is more likely in a UK spring I think - you can't skirmish if you can't tell if you've been hit or not, but in the trying, and yeah I have, you get soaked. Yeah, you can get just as soaked by sweat, but that doesn't end up in near/actual hypothermia on the way home!

Some autumn days have been the best I suppose - still plenty of green, but cooling down, enough mud to deter the wimpwear shod from making full use of the ground, but not so much that I'll be coated in it getting home. TBH I dislike having to bring alternate clothing with me, because it's bulky and I don't drive, nor do I get a lift from anywhere close to my house, so that is always going to have an effect on how much I'm prepared to engage with wet, cold, or mud. I mean shit, on a usual skirmish day, end ex will be around 16:00 but I'll not be through my front door until 19:00.

Archived