Wrong delta ring? MOE Handguard fitting help

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I recently bought a Magpul PTS MOE Handguard from geoff, which I'm very pleased with.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit properly which I was worried about, given that I think my delta ring is a strange design (has to be the same as real M4 I believe) It's a Cybergun (CYMA) M4 CQB-R.

I heard that this means the handguard will never fit exactly right. Preferably I wouldn't like to have to buy a new delta ring for it to fit and I was considering some slight modifications.

As you can see from the pictures it appears that the lip thing that goes into the grooves of the delta ring (sorry for bad wording) is the problem.

It is just this lower section which doesn't fit exactly right although the top does so I am confident it shouldn't be too hard to change the lower half by sanding it down or something.

I'd like to give it a try at least first although I understand this would mean I'm unlikely to be able to sell it on (but I got it second-hand for a good price anyway)

Thanks for reading, any suggestions / tips would be greatly appreciated, I guess I'd like to know if anybody else has had to do this?

moehandguard2.jpgdelta.jpgdeltaring.jpg

• Supporters

I actually have a spare Element one going begging after doing this very thing! PM if you're interested.

In the first picture it looks like your lower hand-guard isn't fitted correctly, as there should not be a gap between the top and bottom halves of the MOE. I've just fitted the same thing to my M4 and the two parts fit tightly together and drop into the D Ring OK, although it is a close fit. That said, I 'think' my D Ring is a G&P version, not TM. However, if the top half fits correctly in the D Ring then the bottom part should as well.

• Supporters

In the first picture it looks like your lower hand-guard isn't fitted correctly, as there should not be a gap between the top and bottom halves of the MOE. I've just fitted the same thing to my M4 and the two parts fit tightly together and drop into the D Ring OK, although it is a close fit. That said, I 'think' my D Ring is a G&P version, not TM. However, if the top half fits correctly in the D Ring then the bottom part should as well.

The design of the TM and clone Delat Ring is such that it doesn't always line up with the grooves in the end of the MOE fore grip. It NEEDS to be a "proper" one with the toothed inner nut.

Archived