G&G release more vids!!!

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Went on YouTube today and it looks like G&G have uploaded a ton of new videos onto their channel. Most of them aren't worth watching, but there are a few on there that make G&G's new line-up look very promising.

The MARS one is especially interesting with all the new features on it. Loving the new feature which doesn't require a tappet plate.

They also have some "new" information on the VSS, although I can't understand what the guy is trying to say.

Also, they are releasing an MG42 for the ww2 enthusiasts, which looks sick. I may create a German loadout to have an excuse to buy one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HzjXQHcfBo

NA then, we have another G36 for airsoft -_-

Sooo, what do you guys think?

• Supporters

I don't understand the realistic bullet loading thing...

I'm with Mike regarding the mag follower sticking out though, something PTS or KWA recently came out with had the same idea and I had the same concerns for it.
Though I've not heard any bad news from anywhere so I guess it can't be that bad.

As nice as the feature is that removes the need for a tappet plate, if you ever run into double feeding issues then I'm not sure how you'd solve it.

Switching grips seems fairly useless to me, it's not hard to do with how it works currently. Though removing the wires from it is nice.

The mosfet not being able to take anything of a higher continuous discharge rating than 20C seems a bit shit as well.

On the whole, I think they've introduced too many features at once. The gun has basically no modularity whatsoever. Too many proprietary bits and bobs with limitations you can't get around.

• Supporters

There was an AK12 shown off at one of the asian shows not long ago, cant remember who made it though- maybe APS.

I can't help but think the externals on the VSS look quite poor, but credit for them for being the first ones likely to get a mainstream version of the gun.

Ed: I was speaking to a friend earlier about this and he said the same thing. hopefully g&g will notice these potential problems and make their future models better.

M_P: g&g's guns seem to be well built. I'm hoping that the final production model is better.

The mosfet on the MARS looks like a pile of shit,can only take 20c lipos which basically makes running one redundant. Don't like the bolt stop either. I like TM's system from the recoil better. Full travel bolt is nice but is the imitation sound mech really necessary? just going to make the gun a bigger PITA to take apart.

Too many proprietary bits and bobs which may be hard to get a hold of. Not too much of a fan of the no tappet plate design,might be hard to fix.

GSS looks 'eh' not as bad as the S&T one but still not as nice as the LCT or KA,sad for the lack of steel :(. But holy fuck,fires like a pile of shit. ROF and response with an 11.1 bloody lipo looks like arse. The gear whine is pretty bad too,though I guess odd motor height may be a result of the QD features.

Not too impressed. Still holding my opinion that when it comes to overall design TM is king in that regard. Try again G&G.

• Supporters

The same TM who have started crimping vsr cylinder heads on and made a 75% scale TAR 21? Sometimes even the kings get it wrong

Although I agree they do sometimes get it wrong, you didn't choose particularly good examples lol- m870 and scar spring to mind as better proving the point

The VSR is to stop people tampering with the internals and raising the FPS, the japanese market is where the gun is designed for and they have low fps limits. The Tar21 is part of their 'boys' series which are aimed at younger teens/children- quite popular over there apparantly ;)

Meh that is pretty much my limit of TM knowledge to be fair. Still at least G&G are trying something different and innovative. It only looks like these are concepts rather than final production runs I'm sure once airsofters have whinged their tits off G&G might change a few bits.

• Supporters

I don't mind all the proprietary stuff if it just works out of the box, I have little interest in upgrading guns these days. I'd rather buy something fit for purpose and just feed it BBs and batteries than buy something half way there and spend countless hours and £££ getting it to shoot an extra 5 metres.

G&G have excellent aftercare so anything that wears out or breaks before it's time will be covered by warranty/parts orders. This whole MARS system definitely has me interested, whether it'll topple the TM recoil for King of the AEGs I don't know, but it might.

i'm guessing the VSS is going to cost around £400, £300 would be nice but since there are hardly any VSS's made by other brands and with all their advertised proprietary parts and so called "amazing goodness", they'll probably jack up the price to £500.

• Supporters

I'm going to guess it'll be in the £350 - 400 zone, I'd be surprised if they went higher than that because if they do the King Arms one will just get all of their sales, because you can bet that'll be cheaper without any of the snazzy new features in it.

I think I'd actually rather have the King Arms one tbh, it looks like a far more authentic replica and it'll no doubt take a standard V3, which means it's orgasmable Polarstar-able.

Archived