Decent Chrono advice please.

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm moving more into sniping and starting to tinker more and more with my guns at home, but this is inevitably followed by worrying that they will be over the site limits when I get to a game, then 20 mins at the start of the day once its been chrono'd fiddling the gun to get the fps either up or down for the site limits. So I'm thinking of investing in my own chrono.

There are plenty of brands like the Madbull ones and Fidragon, question is are there some to avoid?

I haven't got a huge budget and this will be to mostly reassure myself that I wont have to do a ton of work at the game site when I arrive so I'm looking Sub £60 realistically but I don't want to end up buying a lemon.

Could those with chrono's please point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

I have no experience personally, but Ian just bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-SHOOTING-CHRONO-CHRONOGRAPH-G-XCortech-X3200-100-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-/261407828407

^^Think so. It came in a box with all the right printing and a serial number sticker. Inside is a manual sheet in Chinese, the cone came in a separate baggie, the serial no on the unit matches and the logo and screen were covered by protective sheet...

It also gave expected results from shooting through it.

But who knows? It may be a knock off. If it is, I don't care - it works.

You can't go wrong with the X3200, pretty sturdy piece of kit. £60 is a good price as some UK stores sell these for near £90. However the guy selling the ones on Ebay has been increasing his price every month. You can also find the ACM - clone version which is just as good and pretty much identical, although its missing the SHOT MEMORY feature. You may be able to get one all in for £45 - £50, pretty sure I've still got a box of these in the store room.

• Supporters

I have an X3200 too, pretty decent, got it because of recommendations, and my local site uses them, so the idea was they should be more in sync with each other than if I got a different brand. Was £60 or something from HK, took a few weeks, but went through customs with no extra charges, so beats the £90 odd some places are charging.

Would definitely recommend.

• Supporters

Sounds great thanks, Have seen the X3200 on fleabay but was a little worried about them, the alternative was the small ones that attach to the barrel for Air rifles anyone know if they work?

Like this one ( might need to copy the link into bar)

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.asp?cat=Chronographs&SubCat=Shooting Chrony Chronographs&Product=3047

I just got a Xcortech 3200 from Hlemetworld for ~£49 + postage (was buying a few other bits as well). If you're willing to wait, ebairsoft are selling them for ~£48 (depending on conversion rate of the time) postage free from HK.

BTW reading reviews when I was working out which to go for - the Madbull has a reputation for reading low

• Supporters

Yeah I've seen vids and reviews saying the madbull chrono's give funky readings after about 2 or 3 months use. Giving the same FPS exactly everytime or way high/way low. Then there are the ones from HK that aren't even branded externally as madbull but the seller says they are followed by things like "its like 100% genuine yo". That's the international signal for something fishy going on.

I've got a lot of time for the barrel attached Chrony, partly because it's made in the UK but it can be a pain to setup and definitely compared to a X3200 doesn't come close. The ones on Ebairsoft are clones like 99% of the ones from HK on Ebay, but £48 is a fairly decent price.

Madbulls are friggin dodgy. Chrono'd my gun at the local shop and it kept spitting out 234.9FPS over and over again. Took it to bellurgan park today and got a solid 278-280 and then it started spitting out 240 again. Meanwhile with a mate's Xcortech X3200 it was giving me a consistant 290FPS.

Xcortechs seem to give the most accurate readings. Avoid madbull ones.

Guest PT247

I have no experience personally, but Ian just bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-SHOOTING-CHRONO-CHRONOGRAPH-G-XCortech-X3200-100-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-/261407828407

I've just ordered one of these on Ian's recommendation, now I'm running on gas 1/2 the time I want to know how temp etc is effecting my guns, even if it is not calibrated well, as long as it is consistent I can calibrate it off our site chrono :-)

• Supporters

Cheers all have an x3200 on the way now.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Craig who runs helmetworld is a good bloke. His prices are a bit gasp-worthy at times but he's got the X3200 at a cool price and, by his attitude towards me, I'd expect him to take it back if it turned out to be a clone that doesn't work. I suspect that some, possibly all, of the Xcoretech's that we have bought recently are clones, but if that is the case some seem to have all the functions of the original, such as shot memory, while some don't.

• Supporters

^^Find him on fleabay.

I've 20 or so clones in stock right now, (ordered 6 months ago) I can say that all are missing the SHOT MEMORY feature. I've had a few orders of clones in the past several years and not one of them has this feature. However my clones may be clones or another clone. Could be a lot of clones out there :-)

Craig does sell his ones real cheap though...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.