Good inner barrels

Teo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi.

Ok so I'm looking for a good tight bore inner barrel for my m4 cqb. The m4 has a 10.5 inch outer barrel. Any suggestions.

363mm is the standard M4 inner barrel length I think (14-inch outer) but I think with a CQB-R you will need a 280mm barrel.

My guess would be Madbull is good for the price, they're around £30-£40 and available from pretty much every big airsoft retailer such as Fire-Support and Patrol Base.

However, I don't know if they manufacture a 280mm barrel, and if they do, they certainly aren't as widely available as other lengths - 363 (M4), 509 (M16), 455 (AK), 247 (G36C)

Length shouldn't be a problem if you use a mock suppressor because the barrel extension will hide the longer inner barrel.

Prometheus ones are a bit more expensive compared to Madbull, they're on Fire-Support for ~ £55+

• Supporters

Personally like madbull for my AEGs, you won't hit a much smaller target than you can achieve on the madbul stuff with most rifles anyway.

We've got them in for £29.99 at the shop (Patrol Base) and I'll make sure we can get one to fit if you give us a call tomorrow/next week (Can cut one down and recrown it if it's an awkward size too)

Personally like madbull for my AEGs, you won't hit a much smaller target than you can achieve on the madbul stuff with most rifles anyway.

We've got them in for £29.99 at the shop (Patrol Base) and I'll make sure we can get one to fit if you give us a call tomorrow/next week (Can cut one down and recrown it if it's an awkward size too)

Cheers man. I'll keep that in mind

Guest PT247

I prefer the Promethious tb barrels to the Madbull, I want to try the Madbull stainless steel barrels at somepoint though

• Supporters

I'm going to do something unusual for me, but first a sweeping generalisation which may well be subject to exceptions, but I'd require evidence rather than anecdote to change my mind: for a barrel as short as that, I don't think it makes much difference which of the £30-40 TBB's you go for performance wise¹. The diameter will matter to the FPS you end up shooting at and that in itself will matter to range and accuracy [please... a flatter trajectory will always be better for snap shooting until experience and muscle memory take over], but I think the difference between say Madbull Black Python II 6.03mm, and Lonex Stainless Steel 6.03mm, to pull two off the top of my head, if there is anything measurable, is insignificant. There may be a difference in longevity, but probably not, so long as you steer clear of shit BB's and clean the barrel gently, first making sure that there is no grit in/around the muzzle which could get pushed inside and scratch the interior.

¹ A Modify Hybrid 6.03mm could give you a 30-ish FPS boost over other 6.03mm barrels of the same length, but you could get that from your choice of spring, so it doesn't actually matter much unless you're trying to get an insane Rate Of Fire.

However, here comes the shocker to anyone who knows me: I recommend buying a PDI 6.01 x 275mm H&K 416 barrel from x-fire.org in Japan. I know. Trust me, I do know. Importing from Japan, right? Chill your boots. I have done exactly this and 1. they pack their barrels in a much bigger box than necessary so they don't get bent in transit, 2. you will get hit by HM Customs for VAT because I believe, like the yanks, they fill out some form or other which automates the process of dinging you. This will also incur a handling fee from the courier to do you the service of not simply taking the thing from the sender to you via various points of lading and any number of different vehicles along the way, but also for that one special unload-reload at HM Customs...

...which is actually fictional since the process of clearing Customs is automated, ie nobody pulls the package aside for it to be inspected by Customs personnel - it just goes along with everything else that comes off that particular plane for distribution to your particular neck of the woods; the fact that you need to pay will have already been recorded electronically, quite possibly before the plane ever left the ground, when the courier submits their bill of lading, or whatever they call it these days, to HM Customs. It is technically being held in a bonded warehouse, but unless it's a high value item which is expected to be held for an extended period of time, all this means is that the courier has promised not to request that whomever holds the contract for sorting incoming parcels at that airport release the parcel until your money is received, but in practice it just means it goes into the 'slow lane' pending an automated email. The point to grasp is that they are charging money for nothing which doesn't already happen to any parcel coming in via airmail and, although in theory there is competition between rival couriers, it is actually a de facto cartel basically charging whatever they can get away with, because you can't circumvent the process by paying the VAT up front for eg and specifying your own courier to undertake particular parts of the process, introducing real competition, because although this is legal, in practice it would cost you pretty much exactly twice as much (since in reality the same people would still actually shift it, they would simply be contracted by a different service provider, but you would have to pay one to get it to the UK and another to bring it from the airport to your door) and result in a delay which HM Customs are unable, or more likely unwilling, to comment upon... [/rant]

...but fear not, because although it is outrageous that they can get away with this, especially when our Tory govt are apparently so keen on market forces², it is only £8-10 on this kind of package, so it's a kick in the moral rather than financial knackers.

¥6,825 = £39.5125 + 20% VAT = £47.415 + (¥1500 shipping = £8.68406) = £56.09906 + handling fee £8-10 = £64-66

But why, oh why, would I recommend such a monumental expenditure to a young softer, whom is likely to be on a pretty tight budget for a number of years? Precisely because you are going to be on that budget, Teo. It will also mean that you will be stuck buying good BB's too, so something like £8 / 3000 from your local site for ASG Blaster 0.2's (CQB ammo) or £10 / 3000 0.25's (woodland ammo), rather than £5.30-ish which is what some of the cheapest skirmishable ones work out at. But everytime you fire it standing next to somebody with a superficially comparable gun you will fall in love with her all over again...

I base this on the difference a PDI barrel made to my JG V61 Scorpion, which has a 127mm PDI 6.01mm barrel and has a range and accuracy comparable with an average AEG firing at about 320FPS - to achieve this it is currently firing at approx 230FPS (it's capable of more but the hop rubber is bollocks and i've had bigger fish to fry than my sniper back up). I put it down to the interior polish - it must allow the BB to escape the barrel with its backspin closer to perpendicular to the trajectory than other barrels allow - that is the only explanation that makes any sense to me, because other variables can be reproduced in other set-ups but do not get the same results... or it's shinto magic.

Tell your dad. It'll save him money in the long run, because you wont be after a new gun every five mins whenever you feel jealous of someone else's :lol:

² Yeah right :lol:

PDI in a V61 nice :-)

I recently got a shipment of steel ZCI barrels in and have been doing some testing on them. The builders over on the Airsoft Mechanics forum had been raving about them for a while so wanted to check them out.

Packaging is great. External barrel finish is also quite high, but it's whats inside that counts :-) Nice window shape, good for R-hop. The bore finish is actually among the highest I've seen out of a steel barrel, easily the best for a budget barrel. Crown is solid, straightness is also pretty good.

Best barrel I've seen for the price so far...

I'm going to do something unusual for me, but first a sweeping generalisation which may well be subject to exceptions, but I'd require evidence rather than anecdote to change my mind: for a barrel as short as that, I don't think it makes much difference which of the £30-40 TBB's you go for performance wise¹. The diameter will matter to the FPS you end up shooting at and that in itself will matter to range and accuracy [please... a flatter trajectory will always be better for snap shooting until experience and muscle memory take over], but I think the difference between say Madbull Black Python II 6.03mm, and Lonex Stainless Steel 6.03mm, to pull two off the top of my head, if there is anything measurable, is insignificant. There may be a difference in longevity, but probably not, so long as you steer clear of sh*t BB's and clean the barrel gently, first making sure that there is no grit in/around the muzzle which could get pushed inside and scratch the interior.

¹ A Modify Hybrid 6.03mm could give you a 30-ish FPS boost over other 6.03mm barrels of the same length, but you could get that from your choice of spring, so it doesn't actually matter much unless you're trying to get an insane Rate Of Fire.

However, here comes the shocker to anyone who knows me: I recommend buying a PDI 6.01 x 275mm H&K 416 barrel from x-fire.org in Japan. I know. Trust me, I do know. Importing from Japan, right? Chill your boots. I have done exactly this and 1. they pack their barrels in a much bigger box than necessary so they don't get bent in transit, 2. you will get hit by HM Customs for VAT because I believe, like the yanks, they fill out some form or other which automates the process of dinging you. This will also incur a handling fee from the courier to do you the service of not simply taking the thing from the sender to you via various points of lading and any number of different vehicles along the way, but also for that one special unload-reload at HM Customs...

...which is actually fictional since the process of clearing Customs is automated, ie nobody pulls the package aside for it to be inspected by Customs personnel - it just goes along with everything else that comes off that particular plane for distribution to your particular neck of the woods; the fact that you need to pay will have already been recorded electronically, quite possibly before the plane ever left the ground, when the courier submits their bill of lading, or whatever they call it these days, to HM Customs. It is technically being held in a bonded warehouse, but unless it's a high value item which is expected to be held for an extended period of time, all this means is that the courier has promised not to request that whomever holds the contract for sorting incoming parcels at that airport release the parcel until your money is received, but in practice it just means it goes into the 'slow lane' pending an automated email. The point to grasp is that they are charging money for nothing which doesn't already happen to any parcel coming in via airmail and, although in theory there is competition between rival couriers, it is actually a de facto cartel basically charging whatever they can get away with, because you can't circumvent the process by paying the VAT up front for eg and specifying your own courier to undertake particular parts of the process, introducing real competition, because although this is legal, in practice it would cost you pretty much exactly twice as much (since in reality the same people would still actually shift it, they would simply be contracted by a different service provider, but you would have to pay one to get it to the UK and another to bring it from the airport to your door) and result in a delay which HM Customs are unable, or more likely unwilling, to comment upon... [/rant]

...but fear not, because although it is outrageous that they can get away with this, especially when our Tory govt are apparently so keen on market forces², it is only £8-10 on this kind of package, so it's a kick in the moral rather than financial knackers.

¥6,825 = £39.5125 + 20% VAT = £47.415 + (¥1500 shipping = £8.68406) = £56.09906 + handling fee £8-10 = £64-66

But why, oh why, would I recommend such a monumental expenditure to a young softer, whom is likely to be on a pretty tight budget for a number of years? Precisely because you are going to be on that budget, Teo. It will also mean that you will be stuck buying good BB's too, so something like £8 / 3000 from your local site for ASG Blaster 0.2's (CQB ammo) or £10 / 3000 0.25's (woodland ammo), rather than £5.30-ish which is what some of the cheapest skirmishable ones work out at. But everytime you fire it standing next to somebody with a superficially comparable gun you will fall in love with her all over again...

I base this on the difference a PDI barrel made to my JG V61 Scorpion, which has a 127mm PDI 6.01mm barrel and has a range and accuracy comparable with an average AEG firing at about 320FPS - to achieve this it is currently firing at approx 230FPS (it's capable of more but the hop rubber is bollocks and i've had bigger fish to fry than my sniper back up). I put it down to the interior polish - it must allow the BB to escape the barrel with its backspin closer to perpendicular to the trajectory than other barrels allow - that is the only explanation that makes any sense to me, because other variables can be reproduced in other set-ups but do not get the same results... or it's shinto magic.

Tell your dad. It'll save him money in the long run, because you wont be after a new gun every five mins whenever you feel jealous of someone else's :lol:

² Yeah right :lol:

I might be buying a cyma m14 of my site manager so I really won't be needing an inner barrel for my m4 now. Thanks anyway though.

• Supporters

ahhhhhaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahh

I might be buying a cyma m14 of my site manager so I really won't be needing an inner barrel for my m4 now. Thanks anyway though.

Please do explain, you just openly admitted to an illegal purchase, you are not 18, so you are not buying that or any other gun for at least another half a decade. :angry:

Please do explain, you just openly admitted to an illegal purchase, you are not 18, so you are not buying that or any other gun for at least another half a decade. :angry:

My dad will do the purchase.

• Supporters

I could have saved myself a fair bit of typing, Teo. A PDI barrel for an M14 is a whole different cupboard of monkeys...

Archived