G&G GR4 G26?

Lord_Metile
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah, hi, I've been looking through g&g's fabulous weapon collection and I found a relatively cheap magpul m4. It fits my budget perfectly and looks super. Any thoughts on this gun? Gun:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8590{1}1{2}4{4}8{3}6&osCsid=519b40ecd350a2438fed410ff7e82863

post-8392-0-88404800-1394217795_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

It's not magpul though, it's G&G fake copies- it's actually very different to magpul stuff in person- if you want a gun with magpul parts, get a more basic m4 and buy the magpul bits separately- The real stuff looks much better than the rip offs :)

Like M_P said, G&G M4's have very good internals. This one aesthetically though, eugh!

IMHO, it's horrible.

But, whatever floats you boat and that.

It would look better if you bought the genuine MAGPUL MOE PTS accessories but the price of one of those RIFs (~£170+) as well as a MOE Carbine Length 7" Handguard, PTS CTR stock and MOE AEG Grip is going to add up. Needless to say, it will probably be more than you thought you would be spending - especially on externals that just look nice (that said, if it's more comfortable / ergonomic it could improve weapon handling, thus marginally improving performance?)

There's always the possibility of finding these parts second hand at relatively inexpensive prices. However, I wouldn't expect to find a stock much cheaper than it's retail price, given that they're not exactly cheap to buy new.

Then there are the Chinese clones, they would probably be OK...but not at all up to the same standard of course. Won't look as nice either, although a coat of Krylon could help with that.

I recently picked up a MAGPUL handguard myself for my M4 from geoffreym, at only £12. ^_^

I should be able to pick it up tommorow fromt' post office actually. He may have one more available or I could have bought the last one. In addition, he was also selling a couple of MAGPUL ACS stocks for £60 each.

I'm actually going to buy a clone stock from TaiwanGun, but buy a genuine grip as opposed to a clone, which, as it is made to lower-quality standards, could potentially damage the motor! :o

Useful for deciding between genuine and fake:

Genuine PTS from Patrol Base:

MOE New Texture Grip - £18.99

Carbine Handguard - £24.99

PTS CTR Stock - £74.99

Clone MAGPUL from TaiwanGun:

AEG Grip - £7.09

7" Handguard - £9.89

CTR Stock - £10.74 (ACS - £10.56)

Hope this was helpful!

My son has one of these....great range and accuracy and the gun handles very well with its magpul style grips........been very reliable to date too,recommended

• Supporters

Buddy of mine has one of these. Good gun, the Magpul-eque parts are definitely not up to genuine quality (or indeed PTS) but they look OK. The handguard has a built in flashlight and laser pointer too which is quite funky. For the money, yeah - why not? Ultimately you could always swap out the plastics for geee noo wine parts later.

Archived