rossdzy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Been having a look at these forums for a while now and thought i might as well join!

Im just turning 37 and after buying a few guns from jbb guns i splashed out and bought a G&P SR16 URX and what a difference in quality!

Pity its a two tone,but as i live on a farm,i just have games here with a few mates. I feel too old to go to games!

Cheers guys

Old man here, had my first skirmish last week and loved it, lots of older and younger players than me and didn't feel out of place.. welcome.

Looks like they now run the Depot in Glasgow

https://www.facebook.com/nomadairsoft

Theres always http://www.cumbria-airsoft.com/ if you don't want to go to Glasgow. Check out Airbana http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ for a map of airsoft locations.

Welcome mate - I only started this year and have just turned 40

Loving every minute of it (apart from the credit card bills :-) )

I must admit that I don't get much enjoyment from steal the flag type skirmishes and get a lot more satisfaction from something bordering on milsim or filmsim.

Welcome, I'm 40 this year and although I don't get to as many skirmishes as I used to still enjoy it and don't feel out of place. Probably like most chaps my age I started off playing Paintball back in the 80's and then picked this up 10 years ago. Where about's are you based? Could do with a mate with a farm :-)

Where about's are you based? Could do with a mate with a farm :-)

If he starts asking for provocative photo's of your sheep..... :D

Sure do. I cycled from John O Groats to Bristol last year. I went via Arran so had a day where I took the ferry to Saltcoats and then down the coast to south of Ayr then over the hill to Newton Stewart. I bust 3 spokes in my rear wheel on a pothole near Burn's cottage and had to fix the wheel at the roadside. It was apparently the hottest week they had known in that part of the world in years and I was looking forward to some shade going through woodland (on the map) to Newton Stewart but some fooker had chopped all the trees down and I almost passed out as I ran out of water going up the big hill. Best Pint ever at the hotel in Glentrool :D

This is my bike at the beach in Saltcoats

IMAG0100.jpg

I was waiting for you to say that you had a puncture! I cut a lot of hedges on those roads and folk on bikes dont like it!

It is a nice run round the shore road looking over the water to Arran.one of the nice bits about living here.

Archived