Spring vibration/echo

THE FNG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just swapped an m100 spring into my VFC SCAR that came with it as part of a sale. At the end of every cycle, there is a vibration/echoing noise coming from the mechbox.

I've read about it being that the spring is too short.

My question is:

how much damage can the spring do to my gearbox and Is it a big problem if I leave it in?

I'm just trying to find out if I am going to have to spend another tenner on a spring :P

Thanks in advance,

Andy

• Supporters

My CM.048 AK-74 has a Guarder SP100 spring downgrade and does that. So far it's been fine. I'm not planning to do anything about it, so we'll see if it turns out to be a problem.

• Supporters

If the spring is so short that the piston can actually move freely or can bounce back a bit after it hits the cylinder head then that's bad. The sector gear could hit the piston in a wrong position.

• Supporters

Yeah, but I think the spring would have to be clipped to be that short. I think the sound may be a result of the spring vibrating from side to side. Some spring guides are quite thin; I know that the standard CYMA plastic ones are. This may allow more sideways movement than a fatter spring guide.

Archived