Importing a LVL IIIA Ballistic KEVLAR Maritime Helmet to UK

adamigo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I would like to buy a FMA's newest Lvl IIIA Ballistic Kevlar Maritime Helmet but I am afraid of the parcel that it might not get to me due to some UK's border laws which I don't really know. Perhaps is here anybody who can asure me that my Helmet won't get confiscated by the border agency due to it's military properties.

Thank you for help,

Best regards,

Thomas.

PS: I do not own a UKARA license to prove it's for airsoft use (I think it only applies to RIFs) mainly because I would like to use this helmet on my Mountain Walking to keep my head safe and to cary my outdoor camera.

Why would you need a ballistics grade helmet at about $400+ for mountain walking?

Where are you walking, Afghanistan ?

I think you will find that this item is ITAR so they wont sell it to you in the UK.

I am also a reenactor that's why and I value good quality gear. Anyways good to know that it won't get through. I am curious how is it possible that some people here in the UK own a genuine MSA MICH 2000 and how did they import them from the US?

And the FMA ballistic helmet is not from the US and they state to ship worldwide. I think ITAR only applies on items exported from the US. And my question was is there a law in the UK that would prevent the item from coming into the country.

Thanks for help so far but could you read my last edited post about the helmet not being sent from the US?. As FMA make only a copy of the original Ops Core just they made it from military spec material. Item would be send from Hong Kong and as I said they state to send worldwide without exceptions. I just don't want police to knock on my door after ordering one of these helmets or my parcel being confiscated/destroyed.

Im not sure exactly which FMA helmet you are talking about as there are quite a lot on the net.

I cant see the Border Agency worrying about a toy helmet but they do check a lot of consignments from China and Hong Kong for VAT purposes. One FMA helmet I saw on the net says its suitable for parachuting and has some ballistic properties, whatever that really means.

As the real helmets are made in the USA and ITAR rated I believe, I assume the Chinese ones are just copies.

The Border Agency may well intervene if they think the helmet has some potential military application.

The only way to be sure is to contact them and ask.

Its just an Emerson Fast Helmet.

I would be dubious about it having ballistic kevlar considering its coming from Hong Kong. Its going to be a clone, but charged higher to rip people off.

If its just a helmet you want to stop bumping your head against things you can just buy the same hat here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMERSON-Tactical-Airsoft-FAST-Helmet-Protective-Goggle-MH-Type-DE-TAN-EM8820A-/151219541811?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2335631733

it even comes with a visor if that takes your fancy.

Firstly it is not Emerson, there is a difference between FMA and Emerson, mainly because it is a completly different company. Secondly you have sent me a link to a copy of FAST Ballistic helmet NOT A Maritime cut one (See the difference?). FMA's does started to produce normal airsoft use Maritimes recently AND the ones made by military spec materials. And obviously you can see the key differences even comparing the genuine Ops Core FAST to the FMA's and the one you have sent, especialy the black Chin Strap (and the whole build of it is different), the padding/foams as well as the overall inside build is different. You can also spot the colour of the helmet and rails, FMA got the one that is the closest to original Ops Core not even comparing emerson's ones or Dragon Red ones.

Don't get offended about my writing I just care about the details as a reenactor especialy on the items that are only a copy of a genuine ones. :D Try to be in better mood at 05:24 before work ^_^

• Supporters

There's no legal reason why you won't be able to import a ballistic helmet, export from the USA is controlled by ITAR but that doesn't apply here.

Ownership of a ballistic helmet is also 100% legal. That said, I wouldn't trust anything made by FMA to actually protect your head, regardless of what they say about the materials (I've seen the maritime you're talking about, it looks robust) their quality control and accountability just don't inspire confidence in me. It is without doubt the best maritime replica that's been produced so far though!

Thanks jcheeseright ! That's what I was waiting for :) I think as far as I won't use this helmet to protect me from real bullets it will do fine both for reenacting and other outdoor stuff. So now I know how other people have imported their MICH's etc, just got them from different country than US thats all. Well, again many thanks bud!

Archived