How NOT to Airsoft.

Del Monty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

But he cant be an asshole he is 'leet. Loke at all his gear. Gotta say, the guy who got shot took it pretty well. If that was me, I probably would have shot him back or shouted at him, if I didn't murder him first.

Cptn Dumbass, has this guy received any warnings yet?

• Supporters

Can't say I'd like to meet the fella, I'm not a violent person, but I would stick his gun where the sun doesn't shine if he did that to me.

I havent been there for months but apparetly (not sure whether this is true or not i just read it on facebook) the big guy at The Mall gave him some stern talking to about it and he hasnt returned since

• Supporters

C'mon guys give the man a break, he's obviously too operator for any site to handle, his presence wets the pants of every operational operator out there. It's a hard task to live the l33t devgru life!

What an absolutely delightful man. Apparently (according to Z1, so take it for what it's worth) he's been ID'd.

I have to admit, I bloody love it when people get caught on camera like this. Personal favourite was a chap who appeared at Halo - and filmed himself cheating. All day. The mind boggles..

Deffo worth getting banned from a site for smashing him in the mouth

I'd hit him and then give myself up to a Marshall and go home

You could call it taking one for the team lol

This made my blood boil when I saw this for the first time.

But hats off to the cameraman for keeping calm & the fact that he did will be the nail in the coffin for the "Rotund begatter of pastry meat products". If that was me I doubt I'd have done the same, but then again because he didn't get some kind of revenge I'm guessing this is why the witch hunt & resulting banning took place.

Does anyone want to buy some large sized gucci operator loadout kit ? I got a feeling some will be sold off soon.......May have traces of fray bentos juice down the front & may smell vaguely of sweat.

• Supporters

By all accounts there was a group of guys that were cheating on the day and he was just one of them. I don't think he was a regular because the marshals would have ID'd him straight away if he was. The marshals at the Mall have come down quite hard on this (as they should) because a) it's bringing the sport into disrepute and b ) it's potentially damaging to the reputation of the site. The Malls does seem to make some people behave like dicks. Possibly due to the nature of the place (choke points, obstructions etc) meaning that people that normally only play woodland just don't "get it" straight away, or maybe it just attracts nobs, I don't know. It's my regular site so I'm quite fond of it. The marshals are all nice guys that are generally pretty good at their jobs and do (in my opinion) a pretty decent job of policing the games.

The daftest part about that video is that Captian Teamkill was bitching about his line of fire. Now, knowing where he was and where he was pointing his gun it would be physically impossible for him to see anyone on the opposing team let alone have a "line of fire" to worry about. Had it been that big of an issue he could have walked to his right around the end of the camo net you see in the background and fired past all his team mates!

Anyway, final ID of the offender has not yet been made but the marshals are working through a number of suspects as we speak. If anyone has any information regarding this guy, get in touch with Emile Belcourt or Luke Dobson through the Zed Adventures Group facebook page as I'm sure they would like to know all they can.

• Supporters

I think the mall attracting more than it's fair share of knobs is mostly down to it's success! It's such an interesting and unique site that people will travel there for one off games (I'm planning on coming up with a group of mates in the next couple of months!), those people have no investment in their 'reputation' there and as such some people think they can be dicks and it'll be ok. Clearly they're wrong, but that's people!

• Supporters

I think the mall attracting more than it's fair share of knobs is mostly down to it's success! It's such an interesting and unique site that people will travel there for one off games (I'm planning on coming up with a group of mates in the next couple of months!), those people have no investment in their 'reputation' there and as such some people think they can be dicks and it'll be ok. Clearly they're wrong, but that's people!

Let me know when you're coming and I'll try and make it down too, be good to catch up with you!

I think you're right though, any successful site will end up attracting dickheads eventually. The ones that stay successful deal with them correctly!

I certainly don't think the "witch hunt" style posts on FB and the like are particularly helpful though. To my mind it's that kind of talk that can damage the sites reputation.

• Supporters

yeah, it's all getting a bit much now, I can see why ZED adventures want to know who he is so they can refuse to book him in future, but for everyone else it's completely unnecessary. He'll get a ban from those sites (and with that attitude, quite a few others I expect) and that'll be it.

Let me know when you're coming and I'll try and make it down too, be good to catch up with you!

Will do, probably may/june time I expect, all depends on when the rest of the guys can get a weekend off, I expect there'll be 5 or 6 of us needing to find a weekend we're all free!

Someone showed this to me the other day. Had the same reaction as the rest of you - All the gear, no idea. Kind of person who seems to act that because he's kitted up to the (bitch) tits he knows better than everyone else, and even if he does, the best way to get it across is to yell at people like a (as it was well-put) twunt.

Hope he gets banned or at least told to ease off a bit. It's supposed to be a bit of fun, not SRS BZNESS.

I'd pay to see that. I imagine a right hook from you is pretty unpleasant!

Lets be honest he wouldn't have the balls to shoot Black Death....prob just hid behind him being all operator and shit!

'Get out the line of fire!' How about, put some faith in your team members that are in front of you and frickin support them!! AArrrggghhh! My god I would of lost it... :angry::ph34r:;)

• Supporters

Well, it's died down now, so I feel that maybe people might consider what I say...

I don't think it was that bad. A dick move, yeah. If it was me he shot, yeah I would have sworn at him vociferously. Then again, that's not hard to cause lol! I can't see me shooting a team mate deliberately, but I understand being frustrated by them. I wonder what people are so angry about, TBH. Seems that people are at least as angered by his gear as his behaviour.

Shit people, there's a fair few of us on here who had best watch our step, eh? One slight loss of temper and that's it - pariah!

I think it's his attitude and his manners that annoy me the most - he doesn't even apologize to the other player for shooting him accidentally. He doesn't say anything like 'please don't get in my line of fire', or say it in any way that isn't TOTALLY SERIOUS BUSINESS, or like he's not totally correct for acting and speaking the way he did and that it's not just a game?

Maybe if he'd been a bit more good-natured about it, people wouldn't have leapt on him for it?

And regarding his gear, that's probably because a lot of us have met 'that guy' before, with all the kit and acting like they're 'better at airsoft because I have all the stuff' and the person in question in the video comes across the same way (whether they are or not)

• Supporters

It's got out of hand because it got filmed, went viral and everyone and their dog has to have an opinion on it. Yes, it's a dick move. Yes, I would be annoyed if it happened to me. Would I post it all over the internet and try to whip up support for my outrage? Probably not. But then I'm a grown up, I realise that there's dicks in every walk of life and that life is generally too short to let them bother me. Granted I would probably have just respawned (which at that point in the malls is about 20 feet away) and ND'd one into his leg as I went past but that's just me.

The biggest issue is that it's caught the imagination of the Airsoft Media and caused a hell of a kerfuffle which means that Zed have to be seen to be doing something about it. It's not enough to promise to have a quiet word about it because it's become a public domain event now.

Archived