Can you recommend a side arm?

Garfs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well as usual my mind has wandered, and have been researching further and now my current focus is on a Sig P226

I have been looking at either the Tokyo Marui or KJ Works - and seems there are pros and cons to both

I understand that metal build of kjw means it wont perform as well in colder weather, this being england would that mean it'll be useless in uk winter???

But the TM cant use green gas due to being plastic build? and also cant find in stock anywhere?

Now bear in mind this is just back up to my aeg rifle and will mostly be used when clearing stairwells or climbing through windows :-) or on the odd pistol vs shottie game - would you guys recommend the KJW or advise to hold out for the TM becomming available?

Anyone have good/bad experience with either?

Guest PT247

you don't NEED green gas in TMs which is more the point, it is a plus thing to how well they work! Pistols require green gas due to the inefficiency of the metal slide/blowback. The TM is plastic, reliable, efficient and imo the best pistol to go for.... I have owned many pistols, some feel lovely but I only use my TM G18c in skirmish because it shoots on target on demand which other pistols I have owned have not.

• Supporters

I've owned and played with all the airsoft Sig P226s apart from the WE and the KSC (and the Inokatsu, but who's going to count that anyway?) and I wasn't very impressed with the longevity of any of them tbh.

My first pistol was a KJW P226, and it was amazing when I first got it, but in barely 6 months the performance had dropped right off to the point where it was useless even in summer weather. No doubt this could've been sorted fairly easily but I was a total noob and had no idea what I was doing, so aside from field stripping it I ended up selling it on to a mate because I couldn't rely on it anymore.

The KJW magazines are also utterly terrible, if you do go for the KJW, then make sure you buy TM magazines for it.

The TM I had, I bought second hand and it must've been about 8 years old. The performance was about the same as the KJW, so that was highly annoying, but I'd put that down to the age. I bet brand new ones are probably pretty kick-ass; the issue with TM is that they're a bugger to find, even buying a second hand one took me about 4 months to track one down but on the swing side they have the most parts available because companies always seem to scramble to make TM replacement and upgrade parts.

A mate of mine has the KWA and it really feels terrible, it has a really random blend of metal and plastic parts and I just dislike everything about it. It's also the least fun to shoot and from my experience shoots the worst. It also sounds like it's running out of gas all the time because the slide is very light so it doesn't take a lot to cycle it, compared to the others it sounds a lot punier. Considering the cost being higher than most I wouldn't even consider the KWA, despite the supposedly better cold weather performance and superior build quality I just didn't see those things in it at all. Feels horrible, performance is average at best, costs a lot = just pretend it doesn't exist.

So what's left? The WE which I haven't tried, but my WE Glock has been the best pistol I've ever owned, so I'd imagine it's of a similar quality and performance level as that, I've not heard anything bad about them either.

If I were in the market for a Sig, I'd probably get the WE. If I were to rate them in order of preference (not performance or anything else, just which one I prefer the most) it'd be KJW/TM/KWA in that order. Obviously I've not tried the WE so I can't really place it, but I'd put my Glock first on the same list so assuming the Sig is the same, which I do, that's the one I'd go for.

The WE is generally the cheapest too.

The KJW magazines are also utterly terrible, if you do go for the KJW, then make sure you buy TM magazines for it.

True even with their rifle mags, I keep mine as a backup and use a Tanaka extended M700 mag. Looks boss as well and holds more gas.

Archived