Can you recommend a side arm?

Garfs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Will be my 1st pistol and I have a budget of around £100

I like the look/style of baretta's, gloc's and 1911's so would be looking at this kind of style

Any recommendations on make and model (and best place to purchase ?)

ive an m9 and i love it but it is a pain it the but. tbh have to held any of these yet? cause tbh that will likely solve the problem for which style you want. for £100 probably we but if you can make it stretch i know most would recommend tm

• Supporters

If you want a beretta or a 1911 get a TM, for a glock there's the WE option though be prepared to replace bits of it- if you dont want to replace parts, get a KSC/KWA or TM.

+ 1 for the KSC glocks.

My KSC glock19 ran no propane and was a beast no matter the weather. My new 23 hates the cold but then i am not using propane on this one yet.

Could possibly stretch to £150

So WE Gloc's seem to be a good bet?

Soooo, which is a good model, easy to use/maintain etc - and good place to buy ?

• Supporters

Could possibly stretch to £150

So WE Gloc's seem to be a good bet?

Soooo, which is a good model, easy to use/maintain etc - and good place to buy ?

Yeah WE are generally good, however, their quality control isn't all that great so you have an increased chance of getting a bad one over a TM or a KWA. Even if you do get a good one, parts will break due to the cheaper build. Just be aware that you'll very likely end up needing to buy replacements- it will be good while it works though

Any model, they're all more or less the same, just different sizes. Milspec solutions are you best bet to get one.

Guest PT247

if you can stretch to £150 ish then def consider the TM G18c, I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is an amazing beasty, works well all weathers (ok cold and full auto are best avoided but cold and semi work fine) it is accurate out the box, ok don't hit as hard as some of the others but hurting folk isn't my game, hitting them accurately is :-)

Hmmm ok troops - after mooching around a fair bit I think I'm more drawn towards 1911's - just love the look

Now I think the WE knight hawk and hi capa dragon look sexy but are they any good?

Again, is there better make/model available for around the £150 (or less) mark ?

• Supporters

WE hicapa and 1911s are shit, avoid for sure.

The only good hicapa is the TM, pretty much the same for 1911s to be honest.

Of the two, the hicapa is probably the better to go ffor, the mags hold much more gas.

• Supporters

sorry to threadjack a bit but does anyone have any experience with the TM 24 shot revolvers i really love the look of the Colt Python?

They're not bad, can't reload them quickly though and they can't really compete with most other TMs for performance- they're quite efficient though.

So TM for any kind of 1911 - am i right in saying the TM's are plastic and not all metal?

Does this have any bearing on performance - or what gas can be used etc - sorry for all the questions but am a total noob when comes to gbb's

I have seen the TM Extreme 4.5 - thats all metal i understand but only has full auto setting ??? Would that even be allowed at sites that enforce single shot in cqb ?

This is hurting my noggin now :-)

• Supporters

TMs are plastic and not metal, it is also advisable not to put a metal slide on them as it negatively effects performance. That said the build quality is great and you are getting a more reliable and lighter pistol. The performance is great, in terms of blowback and range/accuracy - I let a couple of guys have a go with my P226 the other day and they were both saying how they wanted one afterwards.

As far as I understand it TMs don't like green gas in the summer as it is too powerful for them. Someone else may be able to confirm this?

A gun with full auto only would most likely not be allowed, although it would be at the Marshall's discretion. I can't remember where but I heard a Marshall tell a player a full auto only gun was fine provided they didn't hose people.

• Supporters

TMs are predominantly plastic, but metal on the insides and where it matters. The Hicapas have metal frames I believe but it's been a while since I've used one so not definite. Plastic slides are lighter and use less gas making them more efficient- that's basically the entire reason why the TM 1911 is the only one worth buying, 1911 mags are so small that the amount of gas they can hold is tiny, the TM is the only 1911 efficient enough to work well.

The extreme .45 is full auto only yes so single shot only sites wouldn't allow it.

As for which gas to use, 1911s and hicapas tend to be alright with green gas unless it's very hot, but you're best off using abbey ultra to be safe (the one with the red label on the tin)

• Supporters

I run a TM1911 MEU on Abbey Ultra and it's cracking*! That said, the trigger is incredibly light (the MEU has a lighter sear spring than standard) and I have big fat fingers so ND's are the order of the day so I generally now run a Socom Gear M9A1. I may well sell the MEU in fact.... just saying....

*as in "it's really rather good", not as in "it's falling apart"

Not a bad gun. Most race guns are built around the TM hicapa.

Firesupport have it in stock for £10 cheaper.

1977265_10152101970519079_832992512_n.jp

This is my HFC Mk23 Socom. They cost about £50 and the silencer has an inner barrel extension in it. Mags hold 28 rounds and its pretty accurate. Hopup is however non adjustable and it's quite big so not something you can pull out quickly. It's plastic and non blowback so it's quite efficient and light.

You too could look this badass :D

Archived