Hello from another older player!

straffham
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been on here a few weeks now and replied on a few topics, thought I'd better say hello!

I'm 44 and in the older (and larger) category, so you won't find me crawling through undergrowth in a Ghillie suit!

Have been into Airsoft since discovering LS kits and Gunze Sangyo springers and early gas NBB's in the late 80s & early 90s and skirmishing in the local woodland with .12g BBs and a couple of mates (not quite organised or UKARA fashion in those days . . . ). Didn't really get into "modern airsoft" until 2004 after discovering early issues of AI magazine and following divorce (not airsoft related!), and later got my teenage son into it too.

Have built a collection of a dozen or so AEGs, mainly chinese clones which are stripped, cleaned, regreased, re-fitted with cut down springs and a bearing spring guide (to give 330 - 350 FPS) and Tokyo Marui Hop rubbers amongst other things. Some are repainted. I find working on airsoft guns very therapeutic! My airsoft ethos is pretty much "buy cheap and improve selectively".

Usual site is Alpha 55 (Halkyn, near Flint, North Wales).

Cheers!

Martyn.

• Supporters

Hello from another larger and indeed older (43) player!

Ey up mate

I only got into airsofting January this year - and I'm 40 , can't believe I wasted so many years of NOT shooting people :-)

Been hanging around this forum for couple months picking up bits of advice here n there

Seems a great place with really helpful, friendly community

Archived