Military Shooting Experience!!

ward1539

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am looking for a bit of feed back to see who would be interested I have recently left the Armed Forces and looking at setting up a business to give people a military shooting experience. It would be with such weapons as mp5, H&K 416 and AR15s.

They would be real firearms and I would offer a full day or afternoon of shooting with ex military instructors some of winch are ex special forces as well. Please could you comment weather you think this would be a good idea and what sort of prices you would pay for this package. Thanks hope to hear from you all.

Si

• 3 weeks later...

Where will you get semi auto or auto weapons in the UK?

All you can own in semi-auto is 22 rimfire.

You can't own anything in 9mm as that is classed as a pistol round and the ammo is banned.

You can own an AR but only single shot working off a manual bolt with no way of converting to semi-auto- so essentially a bolt action rifle based on an AR receiver.

You could get hold of the 'Cadet' version of the SA80. They are single shot working off a manual bolt.

• 2 months later...

Good luck trying to do that in the UK. Northern Ireland is a bit differnt we are allow Handguns becuse of the threat level and for sporting purposes as well as CCW. I am a member of NITSA and we can get 5.56 and higher bolt action rifles but its nothing like in America. also semi and full autos are really really hard to get almost impossible.

You could get hold of the 'Cadet' version of the SA80. They are single shot working off a manual bolt.

An L98A1? They've all been recycled, we use a semi auto locked SA80 rifle now under designation L98A2.

But yeah back on topic- I'd love to do some 5.56 shooting with a different weapons system, and I'd equally like to have a go with an MP5 or similar 9mm SMG- permission from local police is one thing, but importing fully automatic weapons systems into this country is entirely another. If you're planning on buying ex-army systems then fair enough; however if you're buying direct from dealers and manufacturers in the US or in Germany, you would find it difficult to get it past borders on both sides

Permission from the Local Police? What does that consist of?

Try getting the site licensed as a range. Then get yourself firearms certificate and then getting the variations and permissions on it for the weapons you want. Some of which seem to be prohibited weapons anyway.

Then try and get a license and insurance to let members of the public in to shoot them.

Try and get the cadet rifles and if possible military grade bolt action 'sniper' rifles if they are legal. People will pay money to shoot an L96 or even something firing a .338 if possible and even historic weapons like Lee-Enfields.

I'm not too sure on the rules about larger calibres but i'm sure you'll sort something legal out :)

Try and get the cadet rifles and if possible military grade bolt action 'sniper' rifles if they are legal. People will pay money to shoot an L96 or even something firing a .338 if possible and even historic weapons like Lee-Enfields.

I'm not too sure on the rules about larger calibres but i'm sure you'll sort something legal out :)

It's definitely legal to buy and own a military grade sniper rifle with the right license, as long as it's bolt action. Hell, it's even legal to own bolt action rifles chambered in .50bmg (like the Barrett M99 and M95) if you can afford it, although the only ranges you can fire one on are either military or up in Yorkshire.

• Supporters

Fairly confident you can use .50cal there, I'm sure a friend who spends a lot of time there mentioned it a while back.

But yeah, @op this realistically won't work out due to the negative view on guns over here. You wouldn't have the freedom to run this as they do in the US- when I was in the states it was easier to rent a gun and buy ammo than it was to order a mega bucket at the KFC next door. I mean I had to sign a form saying I hadn't felt suicidal in the last 30 days but that was it :lol:

You have to show a good reason why you need the gun to get a Certificate. You need to list all the weapons you want to buy on your application.

If you want to add more you have to re apply to have your Certificate Varied.. You have to show 'good reason' why you want each weapon.

Approved rifle and muzzle-loading clubs will allow people to shoot club guns providing they are a club member. There are normally provisions within the club rules, which allow non-members to become "guests", sponsored by a club member, and to use club weapons to shoot on a limited number of days.

This is the document that has the guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/262215/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_v6_Nov_2013.pdf

You will see that the types of weapons that are being proposed for this 'military shooting experience' are the ones that are specifically prohibited by law.

Any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger
Any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22 rimfire cartridges

sounds very unlikely you would be able to do it. but £40? or the retail of the ammo? provided you had full auto weapons.

I heard people can own pistols that are kept at shooting clubs. I can't confirm this however.

Northern Ireland is a bit differnt we are allow Handguns becuse of the threat level

you're allowed to own firearms for defensive purposes in NI??

sounds very unlikely you would be able to do it. but £40? or the retail of the ammo? provided you had full auto weapons.

I heard people can own pistols that are kept at shooting clubs. I can't confirm this however.

you're allowed to own firearms for defensive purposes in NI??

You can't own a pistol wherever it is kept.

No they don't there are no pistols.

From the Prohibitions.
'Any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30 centimetres in length or is less than
60 centimetres in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a

firearm designed as signaling apparatus'

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.