Pistol battery compatibility help

kirvesuk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've recently bought a TM Glock AEP, but had difficulty finding a battery and charger for the thing. I see Wolf Armouries now have the battery in stock (no charger) for £25, which seems steep! Can anyone tell me if the battery below would fit a TM AEP?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-7-2v-500mah-ni-mh-electric-cz99-glock-battery.htm#.UxDbqFBFDqA

If anyone has good ideas for less obvious websites that might have chargers then please feel free to shout too!

Thanks all! :D

Yes, that battery should fit fine. However, you might want to look into one of these

It'll improve the trigger response from the (quite frankly pathetic) standard batteries and make it much more skirmishable. You could then charge it with any standard LiPo charger which would also be able to do other types of batteries.

Many thanks for your replies guys, I will follow your advice and get the 550mah lipo from airsoftworld. This will be my first lipo battery, any recommendations on a charger?

A lot of people recommended the IMAX B6 charger to me because it is programmable / can charge lots of types of batteries etc but it's £40.

I've seen a Vapex one on Patrol Base's website for £13 or £14 that I guess that would be fine.

I'm no expert on batteries / chargers though so I don't know if there is a better option.

Hi all.

I think I have been incredibly stupid - the turnigy accucel turned up today along with the 550mah lipo. It all looks good but I can only plug what I assume is the balance port into the charger, how do I actually charge the battery? It's got a wedge shaped end which I assume is the charging end on the battery?

Please help! :-0

Ahh yes, I had the same charger.

Look on Component shop, and look for the charging harness that has the appropriate connector; they're only about £3 IIRC.

• Supporters

Turnigy Accucell 6 and iMax B6 are the same machine in different painted boxes. In my noob guide thread i've put links to the cheapest places for the B6 and also the B3.

Hudson, would you give us a linky for that charger harness, because I can't find it on CS, please?

• Supporters

That harness wont charge those AEP batteries. It needs either one of the socket-thingies that the NiMh 7.2V AEP batteries fits into, or crocodile clips and a clue.

Hi all. Thanks for your input on this one. I got it all working using the cable from the component shop plugged into the standard TM socket for charging the normal nimh batteries. The lipo doesn't quite fit the socket but it is a good enough connection to charge.

I must say the pistol chews through the 100 round mag really quickly with a good trigger response. Happy days!

• Supporters

^^So the battery does have another plug, as well as the balancing one?

Nope, the battery has the normal aep contacts on one side that slide into the tm adapter meant for the nimh, and the other side is a two cell balance cable.

Archived