Military Kit Upgrades

helpingarmydads
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Most of them you don't actually need, the lowa boots are nice because they are like walking on clouds compared to the old issued boots, saying that the new issued boots are of a similar level so so you could choose either or, the rest would only really be helpful if you're camping or something

As an engineer the leatherman was essential to the job. basically everyone had one. they are issued for Op tours tho.

Lowas- no need my old Pro boots still survive while people had changed lowas like 3 times as the sole isnt as tough. Fewer blisters= bullshit, more support=bullshit, better waterproof=bullshit

jet boil is good but bulky and requires gas which isnt issued so costs.

Webbing is not really necessary any more as osprey has basically replaced it.

very few people wear head touches as you have a helmet on, a Mag light with a red filter will serve you better.

Nyrex folders are compulsory for NCOs anyway so thats not an upgrade

alot of guys wear cheap rubber casio watches which cost 15 quid as they shockingly- Tell the time, have a light, alarm and stop watch. G shocks are bulky.

thermal mugs, yer why not to be fair.

yer no one likes wearing silver shadows to be fair

Totally agree moose, my lowa's are for parade/ camp use, my pro boots for everything else far tougher.

Leatherman multitool I have 2 they are invaluable.

Jet boils great bit of kit, although I have to agree with moose, I use a BCB crusader with gel fuel! fits around my water bottle and the gel fuel is well cheap, I still keep a hexi in my Bergen for a reliable back up.

Nyrex isn't new, I've got a few of varying sizes invaluable in the field for keeping paper work dry and usable.

Maglite with red filter also invaluable, I have a elastic head strap for it but never used it.

Thermal mugs not new kit, fit perfectly in my osprey sharpshooter pouch ;-)

Hi-tec silver shadows, still in the bottom of my wardrobe in there box, tried them on, they felt wrong, on went my nike's

Casio-G shock on my second one in 15 years, used on FTX's, diving and dry and dust places, sorry to disagree with you on this one moose.

• Supporters

Those thermal mugs are bollocks.

Archived