lets Meet up!

Russe11

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Operation Shining light got cancelled and I had to book a week off work to be sure of having that weekend free. So it's a bank holiday weekend, there must be some airsoft events we could do? Any ideas for 2nd -5th May?

I did come across a beginners WW2 airsoft game http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=17656&p=241582 which would have minimal kit requirements (no modern camo and any modern guns will have to be covered with hessian).

It would be possible to do this on the Saturday and then it's not far to Combat south or a few other sites for a Sunday game.

What we need is a couple of different sites or games, with one open Saturday and another Sunday. Possible places to stay/camp. Or maybe someone knows of a weekend long event?

Maybe we could fit a museum visit into the trip?

What about hiring a site to ourselves?

C'mon, lets have some ideas and let us know if you're interested! Could be fun to put faces to members of the forum. It's also an excuse for us to play at sites we don't normally play at.

I do like the idea of the WW2 game as we can make Ed come with a correct period camera strapped to his gun :D

• Supporters

I'd definitely be interested in meeting up, although I'm not putting a hessian sack over my gun for the privilege :P

Perhaps like you say we could hire out a site(for instance xsite will do it for 16 or more people with a £160 deposit), although I think if we didn't do that it would still be worth trying to get enough people to potentially cover a whole team on what would be a quiet day for some sites(say 20 people)

Personally I couldn't really afford to travel more than a couple of hours, so would be looking at Peterborough area north and Southampton to the south. I'd imagine travel distance will be the sticking point for a lot of people, I'm probably not the only one that couldn't do a longer distance without arranging some sort of car share.

The WW2 game I linked is probably the most lax on kit requirements ever (the WW2 airsoft forum won't event let them list it with other events). Just no modern camo and disguise modern guns. An ickle bit of hessian won't hurt :) I just thought it might make a change for some of you and would be a very different game to a normal Sunday walk on. I will probably bring WW2 gear to whatever we do as its VE day on May 8th so in the right pub, it might get me a pint :D

Anyway, lets have some more ideas, maybe a site we could hire for Saturday that we could camp at ready for a regular Sunday game?

Gunman is fairly central in Coventry and tend to do what they call filmsim games, would there be enough interest for us to ask them to run something?

Yep, i am up for anything Milsim but although WW2 does interest me, I do not have anything that would be suitable and I have already spent enough in prep for the cancelled Op: Shining Light :(

I have emailed Gunman to see if they have anything interesting happening that weekend. I think Coventry is just one of their sites and I didn't specify location.

Hi guys, thanks for the mail.

We have this on that
weekend.http://www.gunmanforum.com/index.php?showtopic=12165
Its a full on Milsim scenario.

I'm afraid we dont have any open days that weekend.

Josh

Gunman

Sound good to you guys?

• Supporters

I'd be up for it but my kit is woefully inadequate at present. Stuff I could actually take into "the field" would be my primary, mags and my DPM clothes.

Milsims don't really help themselves when the kit requirements basically boil down to figure it out yourself.

Yup, old russian camo, PMC or black would all be hard for me to do. I would in fact go as far as to say that the kit for this would be harder to do than the WW2 game if I was doing it from scratch. But you wanted a milsim so I found one.

The other option would be find a Saturday game and a Sunday game close together and somewhere to camp or stay nearby.

OK. So we need to make a decision:

Option A: WW2 game Saturday and then a walkon for Sunday. Anyone strongly against wearing a green or Khaki boiler suit and wrapping a gun in hessian should be able to find another game in the area as Portsmouth seems to have a lot of sites.

Option B: Gunman milsim. This seems to be somewhat more complex in terms of kit requirements but Gunman have a reputation for doing a fun milsim.

My vote is obviously for option A as I have WW2 kit and have nothing suitable for the gunman game. Also if it's sunny there are beaches nearby to go make sandcastles in the evening :D

My thinking is that as the level of interest is this low, I am going to book onto the WW2 game. I shall find out what camping arrangements there are for the game and then look into staying in the Portsmouth area for a Sunday game somewhere (possibly Combat South). If anyone fancies trying a WW2 game, book onto it and come along and I'm sure we'll have some fun. If anyone wants to join me for a Sunday walk on game but not the WW2 game that will be cool too.

If anyone knows a site open on the bank holiday Monday, it could turn into an epic and exhausting weekend :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Hmmm... I could actually get to Gunman fairly easily - there's an East Midlands Trains service between Liverpool Lime St and Norwich which stops at Notnum (so the cost isn't prohibitive) and busses could get me within 10mins walk of the Strawless site. I could do the kit too. I dunno. I was so depressed about OP: Shi'ght going down the pan that I've really only just emerged from under my emotional stone re: doing something else instead (actually i'm exaggerating, just in case that isn't clear - i've actually been struggling to stay positive about simply bothering to draw breath, let alone skirmish, but i think i'm now just about winning).

It's pretty much finger pulling out time though :lol: but, as much as i'd like to meet up, the WW2 thing sounds like the organisers imagine that a large part of the fun on offer is the immersion in a WW2 scenario, which it may be for an enthusiast, and perhaps would be for me too, if i'd spent a few months honing a loadout of original gear and getting a gun nicely fettled, but since i haven't and it's too late to do it even if i had the money and inclination, i'm worried that my main focus, skirmishing, may be insufficiently catered for. See, to me a bunch of people sitting around eating Spam out of tins and drinking Bovril is A. a brilliant sniping opportunity and B. something I wouldn't do unless the only alternative was actual lasting damage due to malnutrition (although smoked cheese and rye bread would work).

Well I booked up for the WW2 thing yesterday. It is afterall my 1st opportunity to see what a WW2 game is actually like. I had thought it would be good to do a milsim type thing instead of shining light but the way this thread was going I kinda gave up on getting people to agree and get things organised.

The Gunman game does sound like fun but the kit requirement for me seems rather complicated to get organised in the time available. I would suggest that if you can get a group together that you should go for it as they have a good reputation for putting on a fun game. I am actually booked on for their Hockwerk game in July (a WW2 game http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=250&t=17623).

• 4 weeks later...

Still lots of space for this game http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=17656

£25 and there is camping available Friday and Sat Nights. This is a great opportunity to see what's involved in WW2 airsoft without needing to spend a fortune.

Well I have 7/8 June available for something. Any ideas?

I'd be interested as long as there's places to stay nearby for overnight(s), though I'd struggle for kit if it was a WW2 event as most of my gear is 1960/70's era Soviet stuff or modern(ish).

Could rent a site for during the days and do a possible zombie scenario at night? Just an idea really.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm what about The Mall in Reading? Do you think they'd allow my 335fps Sten for a private hire? Always wanted to try the mall but they have a 328fps limit.

Hmm what about The Mall in Reading? Do you think they'd allow my 335fps Sten for a private hire? Always wanted to try the mall but they have a 328fps limit.

The mall is 328 fps with a maximum chrono of 340 on variance. So if its very consistent then it should be fine, but if it tends to average 335 and it goes above 340 at any point they are not going to allow it.

Over a dozen shots it never goes outside 334-336 never heard of a more consistent gun :)

Technically it should not be allowed at my local site but they allow it as long as I don't do headshots. If it did an occasional shot under 328 it would be allowed.

Over a dozen shots it never goes outside 334-336 never heard of a more consistent gun :)

Technically it should not be allowed at my local site but they allow it as long as I don't do headshots. If it did an occasional shot under 328 it would be allowed.

Bunker 51 are very strict with 328 +2% but on Saturday they allowed guns up to 340 so long as it stayed on semi auto even in the auto allowed games (of which there was 1). Email them/ring them and ask then at least you'll know how strict they are about it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.