New, but not new, player to AF-UK.

loliver
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

new around these here parts (internet wise), thought i'd pop in, say a few words then quietly return to my corner.

30 yr old returning player, used to play many many moons ago but life gave me a swift kick in the nuts which forced me to sell all my kit and retire from Airsoft. Now, I'm kicking life back full on in the face, and I'm now looking to get back into the sport.

First step, buy new kit.

I've had my eye on a Tokyo Marui HK416D, a bunch of attachments, and of course all the other gear to go to boot.. but of course, all this Ukara nonsense is in play now, so looks like I won't be able to just find a AEG and buy it as I do not hold a valid membership to any sites. Small set back, but no biggie. Rentals will have to suffice for the time being. I can at least buy the rest of the kit until then!

My local site will be the UCAP Bunker, so I will probably be found there pretty much every Wednesday until I get my kit sorted, after which you will find me at other UCAP and Combat South sites mostly.

Now I return to my corner...

Hey guys,

new around these here parts (internet wise), thought i'd pop in, say a few words then quietly return to my corner.

30 yr old returning player, used to play many many moons ago but life gave me a swift kick in the nuts which forced me to sell all my kit and retire from Airsoft. Now, I'm kicking life back full on in the face, and I'm now looking to get back into the sport.

First step, buy new kit.

I've had my eye on a Tokyo Marui HK416D, a bunch of attachments, and of course all the other gear to go to boot.. but of course, all this Ukara nonsense is in play now, so looks like I won't be able to just find a AEG and buy it as I do not hold a valid membership to any sites. Small set back, but no biggie. Rentals will have to suffice for the time being. I can at least buy the rest of the kit until then!

My local site will be the UCAP Bunker, so I will probably be found there pretty much every Wednesday until I get my kit sorted, after which you will find me at other UCAP and Combat South sites mostly.

Now I return to my corner...

Welcome mate. I play at the bunker, not been in a few week though. I'll be there throughout march, might see you there!

Esoterick, How are you finding the HK416? Any issues or flaws I should be aware of before I invest in that particular one? Do you have the standard version or the DEVGRU variant?

Also are you running with a sopmod battery or Lipo?

Cheeky Vimto, now why is that name so familiar (other than it being a drink full of alchohol)? As mentioned, I will likely be up at the bunker pretty much every Wednesday for the foreseeable future, so I'm sure we will run into one another at some point. :)

• Supporters

Esoterick, How are you finding the HK416? Any issues or flaws I should be aware of before I invest in that particular one? Do you have the standard version or the DEVGRU variant?

Also are you running with a sopmod battery or Lipo?

Aside from the price the main flaw is the SOPMOD batteries really(extremely expensive for a NiMH battery, I got 3 Lipos wired to Deans for less). I'd recommend you get an Airsoft tech to rewire it to a Deans connector and then run it on Lipos, it is actually a fairly straightforward mod but requires a decent power soldering iron or it won't stay put. The other option(to use Lipos) is to get one of the baton adapters but I don't really see the point as: you lose one of the buffer tubes(the adapter covers it) plus you'd have to purchase the adapter when you may be able to get a chap in the shop to just solder it for free when you buy the gun.

I run 7.4v, 1450mAh Lipos which happily run through 2000 BBs in a day, which is about the most I ever use.

I have the standard version, as far as I am aware the DEVGRU is purely external changes. The sling point it adds would be handy, problem being to have an aftermarket sling point properly screwed into the buffer tube involves overcoming all the loctite on the screws, plus I believe the recoil system sits into the stock so needs rewiring(I got someone to do it for me lol). That is very minor though, and you can get sling points that clamp over the buffer tube instead.

Overall I love the gun though, build quality is great and so is the range.

Aside from the price the main flaw is the SOPMOD batteries really(extremely expensive for a NiMH battery, I got 3 Lipos wired to Deans for less). I'd recommend you get an Airsoft tech to rewire it to a Deans connector and then run it on Lipos, it is actually a fairly straightforward mod but requires a decent power soldering iron or it won't stay put. The other option(to use Lipos) is to get one of the baton adapters but I don't really see the point as: you lose one of the buffer tubes(the adapter covers it) plus you'd have to purchase the adapter when you may be able to get a chap in the shop to just solder it for free when you buy the gun.

I run 7.4v, 1450mAh Lipos which happily run through 2000 BBs in a day, which is about the most I ever use.

I have the standard version, as far as I am aware the DEVGRU is purely external changes. The sling point it adds would be handy, problem being to have an aftermarket sling point properly screwed into the buffer tube involves overcoming all the loctite on the screws, plus I believe the recoil system sits into the stock so needs rewiring(I got someone to do it for me lol). That is very minor though, and you can get sling points that clamp over the buffer tube instead.

Overall I love the gun though, build quality is great and so is the range.

Sounds good, will definately be having mine converted to lipo batteries when I purchase it, SOPMODs from what i've heard suck.

I'm half tempted to buy the DEVGRU version purely due to the fact that it has the foregrip and silencer attachments with it and works out cheaper than buying the standard and the attachments seperately. The silencer apparently sits over the flash hider, meaning that removing the silencer shouldn't be an issue if I don't want it on there. But other than that, yes it would appear the differences between the standard and the DEVGRU are purely cosmetic. I think the DEVGRU has a slighlty different grip on it as well. Will be testing both versions out before I buy though :)

Well i've gone and bought my TM HK416D DEVGRU (after handling both versions i preferred the pistol grip on the devgru), couldn't take it home of course, but it's going to get moved to sites as and when I need it until I got the membership thing sorted. Having it converted to Lipo battery by the store, also bought a M600c Scoutlight for use at the bunker. Now roll on Sunday, will be giving it a full run through at Combat South Woodland, can't wait!

Well i've gone and bought my TM HK416D DEVGRU (after handling both versions i preferred the pistol grip on the devgru), couldn't take it home of course, but it's going to get moved to sites as and when I need it until I got the membership thing sorted. Having it converted to Lipo battery by the store, also bought a M600c Scoutlight for use at the bunker. Now roll on Sunday, will be giving it a full run through at Combat South Woodland, can't wait!

Bfg are one of the most helpful tools you can get for the bunker, I use an ohshiboom.

Archived