Recommend me some lightweight tactical boots that won't break the bank!

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As per the title really, I currently use a pair of old Magnum toe capped safety boots and after a while I become very aware of the weight of them. Don't have to be waterproof but if they are then bonus. Ideally with speedlaces because I'm a lazy fecker but not necessarily with a side zip unless it's a decent one that can withstand being done up tight!

budget - less than £100 ideally.

Have at it!

Those Spiders seem to be what you're looking for, but I've seen two or three bad reviews on their build quality. If they're going to come apart after 2-3 months (albeit, more likely with daily use) then I don't know how they'd hold up after a few skirmishes.

Also on British Military Surplus they have a Desert Boots and Assault Boots pack, both Grade 1, for £35. Don't know how light they are but that sounds pretty good value.

Also check ex-mod http://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/footwear.html its the same company but for some reason what they stock and prices sometimes vary.

I use the assault boots and got them in the bundle with parade shoes I use for work :) Wouldn't call them lightweight but they do the job and look like the ammo boots for my WW2 loadout when I wear gaiters. Speaking of which, THEY HAVE AMMO BOOTS NOW!!!!

hmm £50, can I afford it.....

Not necessarily brilliant for a wet climate, but during the summer you can not go far wrong with meindl desert fox. I spent the best part of 5 yrs over seas wearing them, they are comfy once broken in and last for ages. I only had 2 pairs in 5 yrs, and I was in them all day every day. The second pair where still in great condition when I left. Tried Lowa's but too big and clumsy and heavy.

I used to get them for free from the MOD, but a second hand pair on ebay are quite cheap, say 30-40 I bought a brand new pair last week from my local surplus store for 70, they where in the box and still had the tags on.

But if moneys no object AKU Navy Seals are amazing boots but at 150 not cheap if not using all day every day.

• Supporters

Cheers guys! Non waterproof is fine. I do mostly cqb so unlikely to get wet!

• Supporters

Cheers guys! Non waterproof is fine. I do mostly cqb so unlikely to get wet!

I use the viper multicam boots. They are amazing. Very lightweight and padded inside like a cushion. They have a sturdy zip up both sides of the boot and the build quality is amazing. I definitely recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

• Supporters

I use the viper multicam boots. They are amazing. Very lightweight and padded inside like a cushion. They have a sturdy zip up both sides of the boot and the build quality is amazing. I definitely recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Having tried some Viper kit there's not very much I would use. Not impressed with their quality.

Having tried some Viper kit there's not very much I would use. Not impressed with their quality.

Believe me, these boots are amazing. Superb quality. Way better than my old magnums

• Supporters

Believe me, these boots are amazing. Superb quality. Way better than my old magnums

OK, I'll take a look, my local shop has some in.

• Supporters

Those Spider 8.1 Magnums seem to be end of line. Nobody has them in stock in my size, only ludicrously big or tiny!

Has anyone used Bates Tactical boots?

Archived