Advice on guns to purchase for a beginner

Masta Saint
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, i have my first ever skirmish event coming up next month and i was thinking about getting a pistol to take, i do want a rifle aswell but seeing as you can rent one from them i thought a pistol might be the best start. I am looking to spent around £50-100 on one, preferably some kind of gas one as they seem to have the better power and are quicker to shoot. The site allows guns up to 350fps in all sectors apart from bolt actions which are 500fps. Can anyone give me advice on good guns to get and any other advice?

chris

• Supporters

If it's your first time then just rent an AEG. You won't need a secondary yet if at all. Whatever you buy don't forget you'll need to have it two toned.

as said dont. i barely ever draw my pistol as if i cant do it with my main i likely wont with anything else. in anycase look through ians guide in particular. go for the basics before the luxurys. pistol is luxury.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

If you ask me I think it's a pretty big mistake to dive right in and buy guns and gear before you've played a game. My recommendation is:

• Don't get anything right now, what I highly recommend you do is rent a gun until you have a defense, and then buy a RIF, if you bought one now it would have to be two-tone and then you'll wish you waited a while for a better one. Don't buy any guns right now if you haven't played yet, what if it turns out you don't even like playing airsoft, and you probably don't know what kind of gun you like most yet, you should try out as many different kinds as you can before considering buying.
  • You don't need a secondary, not yet anyway. I never used mine at all until I'd been playing for months and become more experienced. Save your money and use it to get some kit, or put it towards your primary fund.
  • £50-100 isn't really enough money if you're looking for anything decent. Everyone here recommends a G&G Combat Machine as your first gun, and that's about £120, plus a battery, battery charager, spare mag and BBs you're looking at around £200. If you're looking for gas it'll probably cost you more.
  • In my opinion your first purchases should be some good boots, and a mask that you like.
  • And of course, avoid any websites with BBguns in the name.
  • Give this a read http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

I'd say as a beginner save up for a quality rifle, gear or a sidearm isn't important as having a good gun to play with. A pistol is good to have but you're paying at least £40+ for a backup weapon. You're better off investing that on your first gun / magazines or gear.

Just as Spawnah said, literally everyone (myself included) would recommend a G&G Combat Machine M4 as they have very good quality internals and is affordably priced, making it a good choice for a beginner. Then when you have been into airsoft for a while you can upgrade it with new internal or external parts.

Hope this helped and enjoy the skirmish.

Archived