Advice/poll please for a stupid question

Dutch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. Right then, I'm one game into Airsoft and suffice to say, Im well and truly hooked! Thing is, I'm literally gagging to get my own rifle! Shall I go quick an easy and get a 2 tone or hold stock of my urges and wait!! What would you do???

Cheers fellow airsofters!! :D :D

I would wait. Ive seen quite a few terrible paint jobs on 2 tones to cover up the bright colours. Just wait 3 months and buy something you really want.

• Supporters

I would wait, I was tempted to get a two tone before I got my site membership sorted but I am glad I waited. It is pretty painful using hire guns as they suck so much, although if you are lucky and get chatting to the other players at a skirmish one of them may even lend you a spare gun.

Wait.

If you look through the for sale section of various UK airsoft forums you'll see too many two-tone guns that can't be sold - and still costing more than three rental sessions (once you remove the lunch and included amo)

I personally didn't wait. I calculated that I would play at least once a week at £20 hire charge a time for 6 weeks (£120) so instead I spend £85 on a cheap MP5. It worked out for me because although it was underpowered, I was playing at an indoor CQB site. I wouldn't get a cheap gun like that for outdoors and I wouldn't risk a 2 one paint job ruining a good gun rather than wait.

What may be worth while is if you get yourself a 2 tone HFC MK23 Socom pistol, they're about £50 and will satisfy your craving for a gun, the 2 tone is a nice metalic blue and it shoots rather well (probably better than a hire AEG will). In hindsight this is what I should have done as my MK23 is better than even my decent MP5 for CQB.

• Supporters

Wait and read this.

wait, get your other bits and bobs in the mean time(eye/face pro, rig, boots etc) the ammount that auta cost ya depending on how much you are willing to spend probably would leave you short of buying the rifle you need(unless you have lots of money you dont need, in which case youll do it anyway...)in the mean time do your research(look at ians thread, check out guns consider parts etc) check out sales, get good idea of prices look at second hand sales local to you(not nessarily the best thing to do for a first gun but some times youll find something good for you)

wait, get your other bits and bobs in the mean time(eye/face pro, rig, boots etc) the ammount that auta cost ya depending on how much you are willing to spend probably would leave you short of buying the rifle you need(unless you have lots of money you dont need, in which case youll do it anyway...)in the mean time do your research(look at ians thread, check out guns consider parts etc) check out sales, get good idea of prices look at second hand sales local to you(not nessarily the best thing to do for a first gun but some times youll find something good for you)

This. Hold the excitement and wait. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

WAIT. I got a two tone just because I could and regretted it. Youv got some time to do some research and settle on what you want to get and it wont have to be a bright green / blue / pink / purple / rainbow monster :-)

And our survey says....WAIT YOU FECKIN IDIOT!! ;) Cheers for all the advice fella's. I'm gonna wait (Which is gonna be feckin hard!) and buy lots of add on goodies instead! Thanks again ^_^

also the saving you make isnt what people claim. 3 x £30 rental(or whatever a day fee is at your local) isnt what you save. you save 3x15(the difference between rental and and walk on fees. then youve calculating that the 2 tone gun you buy to cover this period is likely going to annoy you and youll have to spend more to fix it(repaint/replace parts) or your going to sell it on for less than it cost you/ hold on to it as a backup which youll likely never use to eventually sell at even less etc.

Archived