New player with a blue two tone question

thesgc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Greetings all,

Apologies if this is a dumb question but after having a look around the site i have got a tad troubled. Im rather new to airsoft (well, i had a fair collection about 20 years ago) but want to get into skirmishing, so jumped the gun (pardon the pun) and got myself a KWA Glock 17 from Wolf, as i have no registration i opted for the two tone (which looks great, nice paint job!) but its in a rather pale blue colour, which after reading articles on this site it seems blue isn't an approved colour..... should i be worried?

And would anyone recommend a CQB site in the London area (as I'm not the outdoorsy type (especially in this weather!)

Thanks in advance,

Thesgc

Doesnt matter, you dont need to be worried. the laws concern the selling and manufacture of RIFs. if you want to you can remove the paint. as long your intent is to use it for airsoft purposes. you have dont nothing wrong.

Doesnt matter, you dont need to be worried. the laws concern the selling and manufacture of RIFs. if you want to you can remove the paint. as long your intent is to use it for airsoft purposes. you have dont nothing wrong.

It was my understanding that you could not remove the paint on a two tone gun irrespective of whether you hold a UKARA defense or not. I may be wrong though.

Here is the bit of legislation from the VCRA that is related to realistic imitation firearms and imitation firearms. Imitation firearms are two tones as I understand it...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

My interpretation is everything in subsection (1) does not constitute and offense as long as you are able to meet the requirements in subsection (3).

I.E. if you have a UKARA defense your fine!

Others will correct me if I'm entirely wrong :P

It was my understanding that you could not remove the paint on a two tone gun irrespective of whether you hold a UKARA defense or not. I may be wrong though.

Here is the bit of legislation from the VCRA that is related to realistic imitation firearms and imitation firearms. Imitation firearms are two tones as I understand it...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

My interpretation is everything in subsection (1) does not constitute and offense as long as you are able to meet the requirements in subsection (3).

I.E. if you have a UKARA defense your fine!

Others will correct me if I'm entirely wrong :P

you answered your own question! removing the paint from an Imitation firearm makes it a Realistic Imitation Firearm, which would be an offence if you werent an airsofter. purely playing the game is defence enough to remove the paint.

you answered your own question! removing the paint from an Imitation firearm makes it a Realistic Imitation Firearm, which would be an offence if you werent an airsofter. purely playing the game is defence enough to remove the paint.

Indeed!

I was editing the post as I was reading about it :P

Archived