G&P M4

tomola
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so im looking to upgrade from my current G&G combat machine, which ive just sold yesterday actually, to a G&P M4 MK18 SBR which looks fanatstic, but ive heard that the internals can be a bit ropey out of the box and can require reshimming immediately, while ive never done this I am a mechanical engineer so i pretty sure i could work it out quite easily as ive done plenty of similar things to this on machines at work. can anyone help with any info on wat the the internals are like, im not unwilling to replace a few bits to get it shooting its best.

• Supporters

I have a G&P m4 and all I did out of the box was change the hop rubber to a mad bull blue one. Other that that it's all standard and I love it!

so im looking to upgrade from my current G&G combat machine, which ive just sold yesterday actually, to a G&P M4 MK18 SBR which looks fanatstic, but ive heard that the internals can be a bit ropey out of the box and can require reshimming immediately, while ive never done this I am a mechanical engineer so i pretty sure i could work it out quite easily as ive done plenty of similar things to this on machines at work. can anyone help with any info on wat the the internals are like, im not unwilling to replace a few bits to get it shooting its best.

Friend got one of these after his G&G combat machine and he loves it all we did was take the rubber out of his old gun and put it in the G&P now works really well, i think the rubbers in the G&P are just a bit stiff and need replacing we haven't needed to re shim it yet but time will tell on that one.

Good to know ill get it ordered as soon as my name gets put on ukara, does anyone know how long this usually takes I have my site the form Sunday.

I've actually got some madbull blue hop rubbers, 60 degree would they be better than standard?

• Supporters

It's actually the little nub in the hop that's pretty rubbish. The G&P ones have a large hole in the middle and go flat rather than holding their shape which means the hop is less productive as such. I put the mad bull nub and rubber in and I could lift .25s with no hop on at all so I just put a little but of hop on the lift them that bit further.

Well either way as soon as I get it I'll be swapping the barrel out for the a 6.03mm tightbore as I've got one so i may as well change the rubber while im at it.

Any recommendations on the best batteries with these? I've read 7.4v lipos are ideal, I've already got a couple of 9.6v nihm's though what will they be like?

• Supporters

Personally I use 7.4v 1450 lipos because they slide down inside the stock tube so beautifully. If you have space for your batteries then use what you already have.

Yeap i agree with all that has been said.

i have had 2 G&P M4s and changed hop rubber for guarder ones and have been great.

I would say that G&P internals are OK, but not great. Good news is that being standard stuff you can upgrade anything you like.

Archived