UKARA unreg. player/gun

MaciejR
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I hope not to double a question but my searches on the issue failed. Can I join skrimish in UK when I am not reg. as UKARA member but I own gun/guns bought outside UK. I learned that I can join skrimish at sites as non-member but I do not know that it works for "nonUKARAs"(foreigners) already equipped? Will be grateful for help. Thank you.

Hi, you don't need UKARA to own guns, only to buy them. You'll be fine if you take them to a skirmish. Most sites don't require any sort of membership; you just pay the walk on fees. Hope that helps

Thank you. I was wondering if I can bring or ship my equipment from home country and play here without fear of being fined or worst. The laws here are quite crazy and I could not get a grip of everything.

Unfortunatly No. You will have to become a site member or be able to prove that you are a player here in the UK before you can import your own.

Its a law buddy.

Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

©he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d)he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/contents

Go to a site and hire a couple of times and become a site member, then you will be able to bring your own over. It sucks but thats the way it is.

Basically you need to have a papertrail proving that:

-You are an airsofter

-That you are intending to use the guns for airsofting at a site covered by 3rd party insurance

Then you can bring your guns over. If you are carrying them yourself it will be easier, just have some airsofting photos of yourself and copies of emails regarding bookings for skirmishes. If you are getting them sent by courier then the easiest thing will be to get UKARA registration so you can put your UKARA number on the packaging.

I read about this somewhere on this forum. It is not possible to do it. In my country there are no such strict laws on this. You just buying a gun, finding yourself post war bunker, fort or other abandoned building complex and go with mates. There is also no insurance as it is your own resposibility.

You just need to establish that you are planning to attend proper sites in this country. Emails confirming a couple of bookings for soon after you bring your guns over should do it. Then if you have a few photos of you airsofting back home that don't look like guys just arsing about have them with you. Chances are that if you arrive in the UK by ferry with the guns in a car, no-one will check. You just have to be able to show that you are not planning anything dodgy if they do. It would probably help to have goggles, facemask etc with them as well.

To get registered for UKARA you could just hire guns for 3 visits over 2 months, get a UKARA number and have it written on packaging when you get your guns sent over.

No worries about transport matter. Previously I worked on airport as x-ray op. and know internetional/EU laws on that. I wish to get back to ASG after break and want to follow British regulations as I live here now. Thank you for support/help. Hope getting in your asg reality will not be to harsh.

This is an interesting topic... I read on another forum about a French chap coming over for a holiday and the purpose of his visit was to skirmish in the UK. Being unaware of the UK laws he fetched his arsen with him and low and behold mr border agent had a field day. They were all seized and he was fined a hefty sum for it. My question would be if a UK skirmisher was to visit another country to skirmish what would happen here? I completely understand the rules as obviously you can't walk through Gatwick with a systema slung around your midriff lol. But at some stage I wouldn't mind a trip overseas as there are some well good skirmish sites in other countries. I know most sites have hire equipment but I'm sure most of you would agree with me that its not the same without your own personal loadout. Surely as this is such a big sport that growing year on year they should widen the UKARA to an EUARA or something along them lines?

There are no restrictions in most placess in europe mate. Some may have age limits and I think germany is semi auto only.

Archived