Zombies

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anybody into zombies ?

I keep seeing events revolving around shooting zombies.

How does this normally work ?

Do the zombies turn up for free and just get shot for fun ?

Do they wear much face protection ?

• Supporters

The Zed Events days at the Mall in Reading are pretty much a scripted, guided episode of Resident Evil meets Dawn of the Dead. You get a spring shottie and all the kit and then a "special forces team" "rescue you" from the shambling horde.

Not cheap though, it's around £140 for a three hour "experience". The zombies are all employed by Zed Events so your fee goes towards paying for them, insurance etc etc. they do run a zombie mil-sim/film-sim style event from time to time though. http://www.zedevents.co.uk/

• Supporters

ya i keep meaning to go to one of these. Do the Zombies look good? is it actually a rush or bit gay?

Never been but the pics certainly look good. They have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve to scare the living shit out of you!

I was watching a few on You tube. These were inside a warehouse so the lights are kept off & you had different types of Zombie (Some were slow moving while others will suddenly charge at you).

What I liked about it was the fact that because the gaming zone is kept dark there are strange screams echoing around the place, which I know would put me on edge not knowing what is coming next.

I really would like to have a go at some kind of survival type of game

Never been but the pics certainly look good. They have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve to scare the living sh*t out of you!

I was watching a few on You tube. These were inside a warehouse so the lights are kept off & you had different types of Zombie (Some were slow moving while others will suddenly charge at you).

What I liked about it was the fact that because the gaming zone is kept dark there are strange screams echoing around the place, which I know would put me on edge not knowing what is coming next.

I really would like to have a go at some kind of survival type of game

Im up for it if you boys are!!

lol

Yeh this got me thinking..........There are loads of disused warehouse units in the UK......I wonder what the rent would be for a weekend event ?

• Supporters

I'm going to a zombie event on 22nd March. My 1st time so I'll resurrect this thread afterwards. The venue (CIA Chesterfield) has a mixed rep as far as I can tell: infrastructure poor / management good / site small but mixed environment. I'm massively looking forward to it, but @£30/day (they're doing Sunday 23rd too, but I'm not), if it turns out to be shight it wont be a humongous rip off.

Thread

There is one every now and again over the secret Nuclear bunker at Ongar, Essex.

It only came to light because I noticed them on the Airsoft site list for the British Airsoft Club.

Again about three hours and not cheap.

Doesn't interest me to participate but I was interested how they cope with being shot in the face.

As you are not allowed to bring your own guns, I assume they provide you with weak ones.

here we have on regular events zombies.

when playing and other player don't take his "hit" you will fire again at the body. If the person still don't take his "hit" he is a zombie and you aim for the head. Then most of the time you hear things like: Aaaa.....HIT, of only HIT. then the zomby (cheater) is dead/hit

(zombies can only be killed by schooting in the head thats why this cheaters are called zombies)

I've been to a zombie event at my local site. £30 for a 5 ish hour game at night played mostly indoors and outside a bit too. Very scenario based more zombie larp with airsoft weapons of your choice. Head shots not allowed.

i know of one over here where they do it over night(3pm- midnight/ longer sort of thing) think its like £30 for players, zombies go free(full face masks) they wear a tin thing so you know when they have been shot(only shots to the tin plate thing count) limited ammo defend things, protect players, limited to certain weapons, special weapon teams etc. actually i think this year to change it up instead of zombies to change it up they did werwolves. as someone with an umberlla corp outfit i really auta try to make it to one of these things...

Archived