Galil / AK74 fire selector removal?

straffham
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got hold of a CYMA Galil SAR and want to do my usual stripdown, re grease and downgrade the spring to bring it under 350 FPS. I suspect its a clone of the King Arms gun.

Its a relatively easy gun to strip down apart from one problem.

My issue is I'm not 100% sure how to remove the Fire selector lever. I've stripped several TM and clone AKs which have a press fit cap over the retaining screw which passes through the body and links it to the gearbox.

This gun appears different and I'm not sure there is a cap, or if the whole fire selector and pivot assembly have to be removed / unscrewed some other way? It certainly appears to be fixed to the gearbox somehow as with everything else removed it pivots a tad but can't be removed.

As I suspect many modern AK variants are similar to this, anyone in the know got any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,

Martyn.

• 3 weeks later...

After much headscratching I've figured it now. Simply a matter of unscrewing anticlockwise the whole pivot assembly (using pliers to get it started as there are no slots / flats to engage any tool!)

NOTE TO ADMIN THIS CAN NOW BE DELETED / PINNED / LOCKED AS YOU SEE FIT. THANKS.

Archived