M4 Magazines (mid/low-caps) purchase help

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, looking for help on which AR-15 magazines to get for my CYMA (Cybergun) CQB-R M4, I've only got two hi-caps (ew :P) at the moment.

These are the ones I've seen so far and that I'm interested in.

• DYTAC M4 Magazines 120 Round (Land Warrior Airsoft) £35 for 5 - £64 for 10
  • Airsoft Systems (box of 5) for £31.99 (also at LWA)
  • Beta Project (box of 5) for £22.95 (I believe these are on airsoftworld.net)
  • ASG ARES 30Rnd magazines - £4.99 each (discounts for multiple - also from airsoftworld.net)
  • ARES Expendable (30 round) or Revolution (85 round) box of 10 airsoft magazines (only £39.95 @ Zero One)

I know the Beta Project mags aren't great and this is reflected in their cheaper price. It looks as if the ARES magazines are definitely the best value, especially the last one I listed.

I think I remember that ARES are kind of known to be not so great (but they sell expensive guns) Not sure what their mags are like.

Not sure on the quality of DYTAC or Airsoft Systems.

So any help on this would be appreciated, your recommendations from this list or otherwise. £40 probably is the most I'd like to pay...although I've heard MAG ones are very good I believe their 10 magazine box sets are around £55 (saw them on Airsoft Supply Drop)

EDIT: MAG sells 8 mag box sets for £55.

P.S. As the regular guys on here will probably know because I'm always mentioning it (not to be a dick but so people don't recommend anything too expensive or message me with offers I probably won't accept - hope that is understandable) I couldn't really afford them right now as I'm saving up for other things etc etc, can't afford anyway or something (but it will give me time to decide and for some of the products to be re-stocked)

For Le Dytac - http://airsoftoperator.com/review-dytac-invader-mag-120rd-olive-drab/

but honestly get MAG Midcaps, they are the benchmark in reliability and feed in pretty much everything. If you have poor mags it can cause feeding issues (duh) and if you have a whole day with mags that won't feed it'll put a real dampner on things. There is nothing worse than getting the drop on someone for you gun to make a load of noise and not shoot :/ I've had my MAG midcaps since I started and they haven't missed a beat and they were 2nd hand when I got them!

• Supporters

I have a bunch of the Dytac Invader 120rd mids and they work fine in my TM M4, pretty much any G&G and well....pretty much everything I've tried them in. One of them lost the screw from the bottom but works fine now it's been replaced. Would happily recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the vfc scar l? I had problem with the pmag feeding well to the gun.

Anyone has experience with the mag mid caps? As well as the socom gear troy battle or maybe someone suggested the Dytac mid cap?

Bought a 5 pack of the Socomgear Troys a little while ago, worked flawlessly with my G&P M4. Would definitely buy more.

Archived