Hello Folks

Silverfox
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forums, but not to airsoft.

I've been playing since (very roughly) 2001 or so, and I've played at many sites with a fair few guns.

I started off in Reading, back in the days when Rebel Troop still had a shop in Harris Arcade (for those of you that know the place), and airsoft wasn't as well known as it is now. I used to go up to Mapledurham most weekends in the summer, and remember when there were bumloads of sites around Reading too!

I've moved to Portsmouth since then, and cash has kept me from airsofting as much as I'd like, along with a lack of transportation, but I'm hoping to resolve that this year, and go a lot more, in order to get my players' registration back, and get some nice blasters again, as I'm not so keen on my current AEG.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the community here, it seems that everyone is a lot more friendly and welcoming to people than on some other forums I've been on, and I like that there seems to be a good traffic of new players and startes onto the site too, and that they're welcomed and encouraged, which is a great thing to see.

Even with my experience, I've never been good with the technical side of things, and I hope I can learn a lot from others around here, and equally put what I know and have learned to use for others.

Look forward to hanging out with everyone and chatting and posting with you all soon.

• Supporters

I started off in Reading, back in the days when Rebel Troop still had a shop in Harris Arcade (for those of you that know the place), and airsoft wasn't as well known as it is now. I used to go up to Mapledurham most weekends in the summer, and remember when there were bumloads of sites around Reading too!

That takes me back, any idea what happened to the shop as they started to get a bad reputation and I couldn't find anything on google about them?

Welcome to the forums :)

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, Silverfox :)

That takes me back, any idea what happened to the shop as they started to get a bad reputation and I couldn't find anything on google about them?

Welcome to the forums :)

I haven't the foggiest - they started to have less airsoft stuff in the shop, as I think internet shopping picked up, and prices got a bit more competitive as well. The surplus shop round the corner (that also isn't there anymore...) started selling Airsoft stuff as well, which probably didn't help - I got my P90 from them when I had it, second hand. Only used once too!

They disappeared kind of quickly after that. I think maybe the main guy who ran the business retired, and then whoever took over didn't have the same kind of relationship with people. I don't think they run any sites any more that I know of, and they've kind of disappeared now to my knowledge.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomes!

Archived